PDA

View Full Version : A carved bow....

jmoriearty
02-22-2013, 10:42 PM
I have been making a pretty popular item for a while now. It is a bow holder for little girls bows, very popular at the craft malls since they sell so many bows. It's a pretty simple item to make involving a board with a carved wooden bow glued to the top. Suspended below the wooden bow is a ribbon attached with an upholstery tack that little girls can clip their bows to. I normally do the bow on a scroll saw in three steps, each piece adding to the height, gluing it together, and then rounding it with a sander. It sounds horrible, but it's actually fairly simple. I would, however, love to automate the bow carving process, maybe having several 3d bows carved on a board and then cut them all out with the scroll saw. It would save a ton of time in the long run. Sooooo.....does anyone have a pattern for a 3d bow? I'll post a pic of what the bow holder looks like. Feel free to make your own if you like, they really do sell very well.

lynnfrwd
02-22-2013, 11:15 PM
Not sure about bows, but there is a nice princess crown on the depot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blantz
02-23-2013, 03:52 AM
How about this bow

jmoriearty
02-23-2013, 07:18 AM
Thanks Connie, I'll definitely download that one. Still waiting on my cut motor, UPS messed up on the delivery yesterday, so I have to wait till Monday.

Blantz, thank you very much! That's fantastic! :-)