PDA

View Full Version : Arc cut out

jerrbitt
02-21-2013, 09:05 AM
Last nght I carved the attached pattern but was surprised when the CW proceeded to not only cut the arc through the board but also completly around the arc ending up as shown in the attachment cuting the ends completely. The actual board I used was longer and wider than the dimensions shown so I should have ended up with just a cut path in the board without the piece bing complelty cut off. I've used this cut path before to round off the ens of a pattern but not with these results.

What happened?

ktjwilliams
02-21-2013, 09:37 AM
I see that the 4th arc doesn't have the cut icon... Since you were able to set the cut path it must be a closed loop.. was it snapped to edge cause I believe the edge would then be part of the cut making the closed loop !!! Or did you selct cut board to size... I'm not that great when it comes to software design and will be following this to see what really happened ...

SteveNelson46
02-21-2013, 09:43 AM
Jere,

I removed the arcs and created a cutout with rounded corners. Also, I had to increase the board length.

bergerud
02-21-2013, 09:47 AM
Last nght I carved the attached pattern but was surprised when the CW proceeded to not only cut the arc through the board but also completly around the arc ending up as shown in the attachment cuting the ends completely. The actual board I used was longer and wider than the dimensions shown so I should have ended up with just a cut path in the board without the piece bing complelty cut off. I've used this cut path before to round off the ens of a pattern but not with these results.

What happened?

I am not clear on what you mean. Can you post a picture of what happened?

jerrbitt
02-21-2013, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the replies. Finally figured what I did differently from past projects. The attachment illustrates what I meant to do. I do it that way and clean up the project using conventional tools -- I usually to minimize the CW working on cuts, etc that I can more easily do with other equipment, for example, using my router rather than have the machine do an edge cut.