PDA

View Full Version : clearing out files attached files on the fourm

myshop1044
02-21-2013, 07:34 AM
This may not be the right place to ask this question but here goes.
Every time I attached a file or picture to a reply or new fourn questions
there is a block that states "Uploads not utilized within one hour will be deleted"
I check the box but When I go back the nesxt time the files or pictures are still there.
How do you clean out the entire file. I have 476 files still there, or do I need to worry about that at all.

Perry B.

Smoken D
02-21-2013, 08:48 AM
Yep, always wondered about that also. How many photos can you store?

bergerud
02-21-2013, 09:54 AM
I thought that the files "stored" are only the files attached (utilized) to your posts. If a file is not associated with a post, it gets deleted. If you did delete a file, does it also disappear from the associated post?

myshop1044
02-21-2013, 10:25 AM
my first post about this was 2 hrs ago, I just checked and the picture is still there
along with 465 other files and pictures. dont know ????

fwharris
02-21-2013, 10:27 AM
I thought that the files "stored" are only the files attached (utilized) to your posts. If a file is not associated with a post, it gets deleted. If you did delete a file, does it also disappear from the associated post?

Dan,

I believe you are correct. If a file is uploaded and not used in a post it will be deleted. If a file is used in a post and then deleted later on then it will not show up in the post...

RMarkey
02-22-2013, 10:55 AM
It's a known bug to vBulletin.

You can manage your attachments easily, though. Go to settings (at the top) then on the left, select miscellaneous->attachments.