PDA

View Full Version : happy post

insp_gadget
02-05-2007, 07:59 PM
Hello everyone, I've had my machine a little over a week now. Worked great right out of the box. Software is very easy and quite high end for a woodworking tool. I have been looking at computer controlled routers for over 2 years. Most of those start at 4 X 4 ft. square area but also $7000-$8000. If you want good software that is extra. Some didn't even come with a bed to mount it on. You had to make your own out of angle iron.
I had a 246 and/or 310 error. y/z homing error. I took cover off, cleaned things up quite a bit and it worked once again. All of my cables seem to be attached rather well. I do believe I am going to need some compressed air near machine because a shop vac is not enough. I highly recommend not cutting MDF. The very fine dust as opposed to chips makes a lot more mess. I am trying to find the chain lube for drive cable. Having a blast.

Julie Coffey
02-05-2007, 08:54 PM
Hello and welcome- I have to admit I noticed a huge difference with the MDF as well. I wont be cutting anymore of that just because I wasnt happy with the finish I got once I applied stain. But it did cut very easily.

Any photos of what you've done so far? We're photo junkies.

Julie :)

The Bard
02-05-2007, 11:51 PM
*sniffs*

I can quit anytime!

Autodoc
02-07-2007, 09:14 PM
*sniffs*

I can quit anytime!

Naw -- worker slaves can only be sold :D

The Bard
02-07-2007, 09:21 PM