PDA

View Full Version : Corel image

Baron Richard
02-05-2007, 06:33 PM
I am trying to make a gray scale gothic arch outline in Corel and am having problems with the curved top part of the arch. As you can see from teh attached file, I can gradiate the liniar portions, but when I try to apply a fill to the curved portion, it seems apply the fill to the rectangular maximum extent and only shows the color wher the arch section "shows through".

Any hints on how I can apply a gray slope to the top portions like what's on the bottom? :?:

Thanks

Jon Jantz
02-05-2007, 07:13 PM
Baron, there might be an easier way to do it, but I use the 'Interactive Mesh Fill Tool' for adding gradients to items like that... but it takes a lot of playing and moving your nodes around and coloring them...

For example, I recreated your design and added the fades to this in about 10 min... to get it perfect would probably take 20-30.... The tool I am talking about is highlighted on the pic...

Maybe if someone knows an easier way, they'll speak up....

Later, Jon

Baron Richard
02-07-2007, 05:49 PM
Thanks Jon!! :D
Once you showed me the the tool I needed to use I was able to figure out what it was doing to be able to use it. Now all I need is a working machine to try it on... :(

Greybeard
02-08-2007, 02:22 AM
Draw the outide line of the arch as a black line. Draw the inside line as a white line. Select both and blend from black to white, with the number of steps set at 256 or higher. Click inside, and fill the control layer with black.
(You could fill the white line object with black first, it makes no difference, and makes it easier to see the white line. :) )

Note. The outside line and the inside line must both have the same number of nodes, and they need to be opposite each other to avoid distorting the blend.
Regards
John