PDA

View Full Version : load bit

aokweld101
02-19-2013, 11:23 AM
I'm needing some advice on loading the bit , it keeps wanting me to load the bit over and over and over again could someone give ma a suggestion that might help with this problem .....thank you in advance.

chkorte
02-19-2013, 11:33 AM
What bit are you trying to use?

JuicyCarp
02-19-2013, 11:52 AM
I have had this a few times and it has always been fixed by flashing the card, and reloading the project.

fwharris
02-19-2013, 11:53 AM
I'm needing some advice on loading the bit , it keeps wanting me to load the bit over and over and over again could someone give ma a suggestion that might help with this problem .....thank you in advance.

If the bit plate is not popping out and the bit is not touching it then you are stuck in the "load bit" routine.
Clean the Y and Z rails and bearing, blow out the dust in the bit plate spring and make sure the cut motor wires are not hitting the back of the Z motor. They should be tucked back into the corner of the cover.

Digitalwoodshop
02-19-2013, 12:02 PM
The Load Bit error can be caused when the Bit goes over to the bit plate and it MISSES the plate and the tip of the bit goes past the bit plate simulating that NO bit was ever loaded. So you will need to shut the machine off to reset home.

While is is OFF, move the Z and Y Truck manually over to the bit plate. Sometimes the WIRES from the Right side Cut Motor Clear cover Safety Switch get OUT OF POSITION tucked into the back corner. When they are out of position, the Cooling Fins of the Z Motor HIT THEM preventing the Y from Reaching the Bit Plate.

THIS is why it is important to always watch the bit plate touch and the BOARD touch. Just the other day I had my cold machine stop a 1/4 inch above the BOARD TOUCH and I let it go knowing it would do a AIR CARVE... Sure Enough... Air Carve... Shut it off and started over after blowing off the Z Belt of Chips.

SO 9 chances out of 10 this is the bit NOT touching the Bit Plate.... the other 1 is when the bit goes down on the LEFT SIDE and touches the BRASS ROLLER Holder... Sometimes the cut motor brushes wear and when you change the bit and the machine does it's spin up, the bit can still be moving when it touches the brass roller plate and on the PLASTIC versions, DRILLS a HOLE... Newer units have a metal plate. LOOK for a HOLE... Fix with Epoxy or tape a credit card slice on top.

Good Luck,

AL

bergerud
02-19-2013, 02:36 PM
I have also seen this problem on a C machine if the head is not cranked down enough. After the board touch it asks again for the bit.

aokweld101
02-19-2013, 06:20 PM
I was just wanting to say that you were right on with the plate not comming out and touching the bit I'm in a wheelchair and did'nt get up to check it out, I should of known better. the machine needs a clean-up but was trying just ...just...trying...to...get...one...more...carve.. ...as Iv'e said it before the stupid things that I do that make me smarter.