PDA

View Full Version : Pattern depth problem

jerrbitt
02-19-2013, 09:30 AM
As you can see by the attachment, I cut this pattern and it appeared to cut accuratley. However, as the cut prgressed, the CW started to progressively lower the cut depth. You can see the depth of the edge cut on th rectangle that from a depth of 1/4 inch, by the time it got t the end of the pattern ( aBOUT 10") the depth is negligible.

So what happend?

I'll probably try uploading the pattern again and trying to cut i and hope I don't wast anothr 1 hr and 45 minutes of cutting time plus the board.

dltccf
02-19-2013, 12:37 PM
did the depth change in the Y or Z direction? If in the Y (across the board) then your head may no longer be level. Check it by sliding a piece of paper under each side of the rollers on a board and see if when you crank down the head one paper slides out and the other doesn't. If so then search the forum for "head not level". Its not too hard to fix.

dave

RogerB
02-19-2013, 04:42 PM
Did your bit loosen that has happend to me.

badbert
02-19-2013, 06:32 PM
Did your bit loosen that has happend to me. I was thinking QC too! LOL

ktjwilliams
02-20-2013, 08:44 AM
Are you using the QC ??? If so it would seem that the bit was not properly seated..

jerrbitt
02-20-2013, 09:09 AM
Thanks for the comments. I 'm using the rock chuck but now that I think about it, I may not have tightened the bit as much as I normally do. Will run the pattern again making sure I tighten the bit securely. Will advise what happened.