PDA

View Full Version : Removed Cover and....

JuicyCarp
02-16-2013, 06:16 PM
So I am rounding second base with my machine tonight! I am cleaning it out pretty good before installing my DC. I removed the cover and while trying to put it back I ran into a small issue. In the back right corner, there are two connectors that you pull apart to get the cover off. On the cover side one is black, and one is white, but on the machine side they are both white... which goes where?

bergerud
02-16-2013, 06:29 PM
It does not matter. These wires just loop to the switch.

JuicyCarp
02-16-2013, 06:29 PM
The AC interrupt cables

JuicyCarp
02-16-2013, 06:32 PM
Awesome, thanks a ton! If this is the only issue i have tonight, I am a happy camper!

badbert
02-16-2013, 07:14 PM
Make sure you tuck them out of the way, or the Y truck will pull them apart!

ktjwilliams
02-20-2013, 08:47 AM
As Dan said,,, Doesn't matter, anything that matters will be color coded...

Digitalwoodshop
02-20-2013, 07:51 PM
The Black (Hot) Wire and the White (Return) Wire come from the X Termination Board and up to the Cut Motor. The Motor has a Black Wire and a White Wire. The Black from the X Termination Board goes to the Black of the Cut Motor, or Black to Black. That leaves the White Wire from below and the White on the Motor... Normally they just connect.... BUT.... A Clear Cover Safety Switch on the Right side has 2 wires... A Black and a White... It would have been better to have 2 white wires, but a black and white is cheaper... So the White from below goes to ONE wire of the Switch and the OTHER wire from the Switch goes to the White of the Motor.

The Cover Switch is on the RETURN path and prevents the Cut Motor from starting when the cover is open and you have the BIT in your hand....

And remember to TUCK the wires back into the BACK RIGHT corner... OR your next post will be... I keep getting a "Load Bit Error" Because the wires out of place block the Z Motor Cooling Fins and prevent the Y truck from reaching the BIT PLATE...

AC will work EITHER WAY... I call Black HOT as looking at a AC Outlet, the 2 slots on top and a ground below... The 2 slots, the TALLER one is the RETURN and the Shorter one is the HOT or BLACK ONE. Note the Plug on the CW can ONLY be plugged in ONE WAY.... Thinner Prong to HOT, Wider Prong to NEUTRAL or RETURN.

AL