PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate Vertices

Xblack
02-16-2013, 11:13 AM
I searched around for others getting this error message and was not able to find an explanation or fix for it. There was a suggestion in one reply to "select all" to find and delete these things, but it did not work for me -I am assuming they are superimposed upon the cut plan itself.

What are "dimensional vertices" anyway?

I cannot yet post MPCs because my internet and working computers are seperate for virus purposes

bergerud
02-16-2013, 11:18 AM
When I have gotten that message, I also got coordinates for where they were. Go there and delete one at a time until they are all gone and then undo to get the last one back. At least that was what I did.

Xblack
02-16-2013, 11:26 AM
Well 3 minutes later I answered my own question. It seems that a duplicate dimensional vertex CAN BE basically the same as a "zero length line" in old Acad. Upon zooming in very very close I found what looked like a yellow dot superimposed upon a red dot. I selected and pulled the yellow dot away from the red one, re-placing it along the same line between the red dot and the next blue dot over, saved, re-opened and Viola, no error message!

I hope this will help others

Xblack
02-16-2013, 11:32 AM
I only had the one fully joined cutpath so I could not find anything else to delete, but I did find the problem -a zero length line that I figure was probably generated from a tiny Z step in the original 3D model.

Xblack
02-16-2013, 11:56 AM
Here's another tip: near the zero-length line there will be a small white dash -it looks like cutpath but it is not joined. I think it is just a symbol. In my case at least, the nearest red dot to this dash will have a yellow one superimposed upon it, and that will be the error.

Edit: this not always the case. These symbols are for Horiz and Vert, so are not always near a zero-length line -so scratch this post