PDA

View Full Version : Flexshaft lubricant

reeniewhalen
02-13-2013, 12:13 PM
Is there an updated list of approved lubricants to use? I checked out the ones quoted in their PDF guide for the flexshaft on Amazon and they are all out of date and are of no use none, whatsoever. It would be helpful if LHR did regularly update their user guides.

DickB
02-13-2013, 12:43 PM
http://store.carvewright.com/product.php?productid=24088&cat=393&page=1

Digitalwoodshop
02-13-2013, 01:08 PM
I actually use this Chain Lube for my Flex Shaft and the 4 upright smooth rails and 2 threaded jacking Shafts that move the whole head up and down. Since the OLD formula of the Chain Lube is harder to find and a Flex Shaft cost more than $75.00.... My thinking is to use this $5.00 Chain Lube from LHR. I am getting ready to order a few Board Sensors and stuff for Stock and plan to buy one of the Lube Bottles.

It comes down to YEARS of proven results that THIS is the best product for a high speed flex shaft. For me, I "Pet the Snake" or pet the Flex Shaft at every Bit Change after the machine has been running and at the first sign of heat at the end of the project while the cable is still warm. I pull the flex from the Truck and pull it half way out and with a dime size glob between 2 fingers apply it to the center of the shaft then slide it back together. Others have methods from Vacuum Bag Sealing to hanging to dry. This works for me... About every 8 or 9 months between lube.:mrgreen:

Good Luck,

AL