PDA

View Full Version : Connecting Pieces

Aaron B
02-05-2007, 02:31 PM
If you draw random arcs and lines and they are not all one single unit, can you highlight them all (with a box or select+) and somehow connect/group them so when you click on one part of it all the lines and arcs highlight?

BobHill
02-05-2007, 04:35 PM
Aaron,

You are talking about two separate things. You can, of course select multiple objects by holding down the SHIFT key and clicking the path of the objects (paths and/or rasters) you wish, OR, you can Control A to SELECT ALL which will highlight everything on your work piece. The same is true whether you do the clicking on the board, or the Carve List.

However is you wish to Join separate items (arc or whatever in vector) you have to just use the Arrow Select tool and pull one of the red points to a red point on the other line you are trying to join it to and so on, or, of course, you can make a new path line from one red point to another. Note that when you have made the proper contact the red dot will "star flash" to tell you that you have it selected.

Bob

Aaron B
02-05-2007, 06:06 PM
Sometimes when I would connect them they wouldn't become "one". I didn't want to select each individual line to select a bit, i wanted to click one line and they all highlight, kind of like when you do a rectangle.

I think maybe I was just doing it wrong, but on some things it wouldn't make all the pieces together.

I will keep playing with it.
Thanks