PDA

View Full Version : Help with project, please

jakab
02-12-2013, 03:46 PM
I am trying to layout this simple project. It has a bunch of splines on a board forming kind of a filigree. I want to cut out the bottom of the filigree, but since the bottom part is defined as a closed vector it wants to cut the top as well , leaving me with an undesirable cut.

I thought I could prevent cutting the top part of the board by adding a zero depth rectangle on the part I wanted to be left alone, but it does't seem to want to do it.

Any help is most welcomed.

This is what I want:

This is what I get:

Here is the MPC:

bergerud
02-12-2013, 04:38 PM
A curve must divide the board into two pieces for cut path to apply. Either an inside and an outside or just two pieces. You have to make that bottom curve go across the board. It was close!

jakab
02-12-2013, 04:59 PM
A curve must divide the board into two pieces for cut path to apply. Either an inside and an outside or just two pieces. You have to make that bottom curve go across the board. It was close!

Thanks a lot Bergerud. I appreciate it, however just making the curve wider than the board didn't do it for me. I see what you did, but I can't do the same. In your version of the project the top line of the curve is gone, so there is no cut there. Do I need to Break the curve and get rid of the top to get this effect?

Thanks, I'm just trying to learn from you.

...Peter

bergerud
02-12-2013, 07:04 PM
Yes, I broke your curve and deleted the top part.

jakab
02-12-2013, 07:49 PM
Yes, I broke your curve and deleted the top part.

Thank you, I just did it too and now I understand :D.

Once again, thanks a lot for your help and for sharing your knowledge.

...Peter