PDA

View Full Version : haveing trouble with error 246 please help

tim1216
02-05-2007, 01:09 PM
I had just started a project and was not even 5% into it and the power in my area went out for abought 15 seconds(it was a city thing not just my house.) When i went to restart the machine moved abought an inch an then stopped. then it displayed error 246 Y/Z Homing Fault. Can you please help thanks.

Jeff_Birt
02-05-2007, 01:20 PM
What have you tried so far? There has been a lot of posts about Y/Z homing failures, have you searched these posts and tried the suggestions?

tim1216
02-05-2007, 01:28 PM
I have checked the connection and cleaned the sensor as good as i could but nothing happened

Jeff_Birt
02-05-2007, 01:31 PM
Does the Z/Y truck move freely (slight resistance)? When the machine starts does the head go up/down a few times and then to the keypad side?

tim1216
02-05-2007, 01:47 PM
If I move the z truck all theway to the left faceing the front of the unit and I star it it will move to the right abought an inch and then stop. and then the message apears again

Jeff_Birt
02-05-2007, 01:56 PM
The Z-truck goes up/down. It is attached to the Y-truck which goes front/back. Move the Y-truck to the center and the Z-truck all the way down and then restart. What does it do?

tim1216
02-05-2007, 02:06 PM
it says please check homing sensor. and wont do anything untill I hit stop. then it says homing fault error 310.

Jeff_Birt
02-05-2007, 02:12 PM
OK, now we are gettign somewhere. Move the axis to the position I mentioned before. Turn on the machine, press "0", and then "7". This takes you to the sensor test menu. Scroll until you see the Home sensor screen. Now move the Z-truck slowly up. There is black slotted plastic piece mounted to the Z-truck with one screw. This is the Home sensor. As you move the Z-truck up a black metal 'L' shaped flag will move into this slot. When it does the reading should change from open to blocked (or similar wording). This is also good time to try and wiggle the Z-truck to see if it is tight.

tim1216
02-05-2007, 02:35 PM
I put the z-truck in the middle of the machine and lowerd it. I then went to the sesor menu and it said that it was blocked even when it was all the way down. so i moved it up slowley and it never changed. it never said that it was open.

pkunk
02-05-2007, 02:54 PM
Jeff is offline so I'll chime in. Your Z-truck needs to be all the way to the left for the sensor flag to allign with the sensor. The flag needs to ride right in the middle of the 2 arms of the sensor.

Jeff_Birt
02-05-2007, 03:13 PM
Pkunk, the home sensor is used for both the Z and Y axis, that's why I asked him to move it the center with head down. In that orientation the sensor should be clear. EDIT: :arrow: pkunk, I was just thinking that your beta machine may do a diffrent homing sequence. Does your's have the Z-flag and do a home on the Z-axis and then home the Y-axis?

If is is always showing blocked make sure that the 'slot' is clear, blow it out and wipe it with a rag. Does it look like the sensor may have contacted the black flag on the on the Y-truck? Does the sensor seem to wiggle?

tim1216
02-05-2007, 03:16 PM
I did what you said and moved the z-truck to the left and checked the sensor but it still says its blocked no matter what i do and it will only start a project for abought a split second and keeps telling me that the homing sensor has a problem.

Jeff_Birt
02-05-2007, 03:20 PM
OK, it sounds like something happend to the sensor/circuitry since this happed after a power failure. You could check to see if the home sensor ribbon cable is properly seated as it could be a fluke that it came loose at the same time. You probably should call CW for advise.

tim1216
02-05-2007, 03:27 PM
I checked and cleaned the 2 little arms on the z-truck. it does not apear to have hit the flag on the z- truck or the one on the side of the machine. i have had no luck yet . also the back arm felt a lttle looser than the front one on the z-truck. it wasnt like it felt like it was going to fall off but there was a little movement. But this all happened after i lost power. it was nothing mechanical that caused it.

tim1216
02-05-2007, 03:31 PM
I have called cw and am waiting on a reply . thanks for trying to help figure this one out. when i find out what happened i will pass the info on. thanx again for your patiance guys.