PDA

View Full Version : Spare parts on hand.....I'm asking the pros!

jmoriearty
02-11-2013, 04:12 PM
Ok, so my machine has been down for only a day and I'm already having withdrawals! I don't want this to ever happen to me again. I have spare parts for all of my equipment in my shop, from motors to bits to blades and switches, so that if any of my equipment that I use on a daily basis goes down, I can fix it and be back up in no time flat. I was going to wait for a month or two to get familiar with my CW before doing this, but I have decided it is time to compile a list.

So far, I know for a fact that I will be keeping brushes, an x termination board, a power supply, a belt, and a cut motor on hand at all times. So, I'm putting it to the gurus out there, what spare parts do you recommend I keep on hand for this machine. I'm in West Texas, no humidity, plenty of dust. I run my machine about 20 hours a week. Suggestions? Oh, and yes, I will get DC taken care of immediately! Your learned feedback is very much appreciated!

unitedcases
02-11-2013, 05:06 PM
Ffc cables, cut motor brushes, y drive sprocket, x drive assy, and maybe a board sensor just to name a few.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

myshop1044
02-11-2013, 05:33 PM
I have 2 machines, so keep 2 ffc cables, 2 set of brushes, 2 sets of the fixed and adjustable bearings and also 2 of the
lid and cut motor switch. These are the parts that goes out the most. I have friends at call to see if I have any of these parts.
I give them what I have and they replace mind when they order for themselves. This keeps them rolling and we have parts among
ourselves.

Perry B.