PDA

View Full Version : Where is AskBud?!

badbert
02-11-2013, 01:53 AM
Man I am seriously worried. I have been going through withdrawals with no new videos! I learned something new from him every day! Does anyone now how he is doing?

dltccf
02-11-2013, 07:39 AM
Man I am seriously worried. I have been going through withdrawals with no new videos! I learned something new from him every day! Does anyone now how he is doing?

I noticed his absence also. I hope he is OK.

dave

CNC Carver
02-11-2013, 08:21 AM
Yes gone for over a month. I hope he is ok also. PLEASE give us an update if anyone knows.

lynnfrwd
02-11-2013, 08:50 AM
I talked to someone last week that had recently talked to him. I think the drs are having trouble figuring out what is wrong. Prayers requested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CNC Carver
02-11-2013, 09:17 AM
Definately be saying prayers for him what a GREAT guy!

Bigtyme
02-11-2013, 03:05 PM
AskBud IS a great guy!!! I remember not too long ago when called me at 10:00 pm to help me through a designer problem. It certainly was above and beyond, but I know that's the way he is. Definately prayers wil be said.....

lynnfrwd
02-11-2013, 03:14 PM
Many of you are aware of how much Bud helps people here on the forum, but there are MANY individuals that he helps one on one behind the scenes. Two of these individuals are blind and Bud has been designing their projects for them and sending them the .mpc file for them to carve on the machine. Since his illness, he has not been able to carry on this act of kindness.

If anyone has the time and generosity to continue this for these two customers, please send me a PM and I will put you into contact with one of them.

henry1
02-11-2013, 03:26 PM
I have to say he has help me behind close doors,, and wish him all the best and my prayers are with him

seathis
02-11-2013, 03:45 PM
Please give him my best Connie when you talk to him again. He has helped me more than I could ever tell him.

rcdages
02-11-2013, 03:46 PM
Bud is just one great person.

He has helped me a number of times.

Shacky
02-19-2013, 10:26 PM
I just looked for info on Bud and found this thread. What a nice man who is willing to patiently help everybody. Prayers for him and I hope he knows how many people admire and appreciate him. I also hope that he is an active participant here again soon!

lawrence
02-19-2013, 10:34 PM
+1 - Bud, if you are by chance reading these- please heal quickly and completely. We miss you man

Lawrence

James RS
02-20-2013, 03:37 AM
+1 Definitely, hoping nothing serious is wrong

+1 - Bud, if you are by chance reading these- please heal quickly and completely. We miss you man

Lawrence

lynnfrwd
02-28-2013, 04:41 PM
I called and talked to Bud today, but I'm fairly certain he didn't know who I was.

Sending prayers!

badbert
02-28-2013, 05:48 PM
We're all pulling for you, Bud!! Get well soon.

henry1
02-28-2013, 06:06 PM
Bud!! Get well soon.

CNC Carver
03-04-2013, 06:13 AM
Bud hope you recover soon. We are all pulling for you!

Kenm810
03-06-2013, 10:27 AM
Our Thoughts and Prayers are with you Bud, Get well soon.

rcdages
03-06-2013, 10:51 AM
Pray you will be well soon Bud and back with us.

CNC Carver
03-06-2013, 10:53 AM
Kenm810 great to see you are still checking in. Hope you are doing better also!:p

rcdages
03-06-2013, 02:05 PM
Kenm810 great to see you are still checking in. Hope you are doing better also!:p

I sure do second that. Good to see you here Ken.

henry1
03-06-2013, 03:10 PM
Our Thoughts and Prayers are with you Bud, Get well soon.
Glade to see you here again take care of yourself

CNC Carver
03-26-2013, 06:26 AM
Anyone have an update on AskBud. Hope to hear from him soon. Continues to be in my prayers.

liquidguitars
03-26-2013, 01:08 PM
feel better Bud!

CarverJerry
03-26-2013, 05:59 PM
I did call Bud (Neil) a couple of weeks ago. He sounded ok but he didn't react like I had expected when I told him who I was. He has helped me a few times as he has with others. He even called me a few times to see how I was doing with the designer program and the project I was working on. My prayers are with him and I hope he gets back into his routine again. We miss you Bud.

bjbethke
03-26-2013, 07:25 PM
Might be Bud; just has retired form this forum, not sure how old he is, I am about to be 75 years old next May 2013, I might die tomorow, I don't know if any one can tell you about to me, may be that is good??, maybe not. BJB;

but for all the people here on this forun, please respond if you can. BJB

CarverJerry
03-27-2013, 07:31 AM
Awe BJB, I know thats true, but think positive. We would sure miss you as we do Bud. What would we do with out you? You've been such a great help, so I'm going to say thank you for all you hard work. I've enjoyed many of your patterns and your help as I've enjoyed and learned a lot from all the videos that Bud has on here. Keep your head hi BJB, my prayers are with you and Bud.

lynnfrwd
03-28-2013, 12:01 PM
GOOD NEWS! Askbud just called me. He said he is slowly getting better. Hope to see him on here soon.

I told him we were all worried about him and everyone keeps asking how he is doing.

bergerud
03-28-2013, 12:09 PM
That is good news! The forum has not been the same without you Bud. (I know you are reading the forum!) Looking forward to your come back.

Bigtyme
03-28-2013, 12:20 PM
That certainly is great news. Thank you for passing it on and look forward to Bud's return very much....

dltccf
03-28-2013, 12:39 PM
That is good news.

dave

badbert
03-28-2013, 02:08 PM
FANTASTIC NEWS!! It will be good to have you back Bud!

Old Salt
03-28-2013, 02:15 PM
Love GOOD NEWS

TerryT
03-28-2013, 02:40 PM
That is good news indeed. Hurry back, Bud.

CarverJerry
03-29-2013, 11:43 AM
Thats so cool, glad to hear the news. I was very concerned about him.

Capt Bruce
03-30-2013, 10:54 AM
AskBud,

We have certainly missed you here among us as all your Fans and Friends have commented. Wonderful to hear you're doing better and we look forward to having you back among our Jedi Masters when you can join with us again. All the best to you Sir.

cestout
03-31-2013, 04:12 PM
I have been ultra busy for the last couple of months so haven't been her as much as I would like, but when her I felt something was missing - now I know what it was. Hurry back Bud, we miss you and need your help. BJB, I will also be 75 this may, but I am afraid that I won't die very soon. Gotta watch my grandkids grow up. Oldest goes in the Air Force probably this Sept. - he already belongs to them.

CNC Carver
04-01-2013, 06:30 PM
Glad to hear things are getting better. Wish you a good recovery.

ktjwilliams
04-15-2013, 09:43 PM
Best Wishes for Bud and Ken it's good to see you here ...

lynnfrwd
04-25-2013, 11:09 PM
Received a phone call today from a forum friend of buds asking about him.

If anyone has any news, let me know. I tried calling, then sent an email.

Prayers for bud and get well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lynnfrwd
05-13-2013, 11:04 AM
It is with a very heavy heart that I have to communicate the sad news of the passing of Neal "AskBud" Harbison, Jr. Bud had suffered a stroke near the end of 2012 and after battling health issues for several months, died April 5th, 2013.

For those of you newcomers, that might not know AskBud, he has been an integral part of the CarveWright community, since 2008. Many of us on here have considered him part of our family for years.

As a retired high school woodworking & computer teacher, Neal had the perfect background for the CarveWright and continued teaching many CW customers through the years. See his many lessons on both computers & the CW on his website: http://www2.wcoil.com/~nharbison/ I'm not sure how long it will remain up.

There was no memorial service for Neal. His body was donated to the Wright State University School of Medicine.

A Senior Member of the forum, Bud was always available to lend a hand to help a fellow Carvoholic on the forum or in person. He was also very generous to others. He assisted several blind members with their design work and often called LHR to make anonymous purchases for others.

God bless you, Bud.

lawrence
05-13-2013, 11:15 AM
Oh no...

My condolances to his family and to his other friends here and elsewhere.

Thanks for letting us know Connie...

Lawrence

CNC Carver
05-13-2013, 11:19 AM
Very sad day for us carvewright forum members. Neal "AskBud" will be missed. He was a great teacher and great man. He helped many of us here and will help many more with the AVI leasons he has on his site. Rest in Peace Neal.

chebytrk
05-13-2013, 11:23 AM
Good Man.. Great asset to this board. Will miss you AskBud. See you someday on the other side amigo.

bergerud
05-13-2013, 11:27 AM
Sad news indeed. Bud was always the first responder for anyone in need. A pillar of the forum.

Chay
05-13-2013, 11:30 AM
Bud will be sadly missed.

peep
05-13-2013, 12:15 PM
My condolences to his family. I was just watching one of his videos today. He will be missed by all. nothing but good can be said about him.

badbert
05-13-2013, 12:15 PM
He taught me to use this machine. His tutorials are a priceless resource for all of us. He gave me his phone number and talked on the phone with me for an hour. And that was how we met! A great guy! He has been and will be missed. Rest in Peace Bud!

gashawk
05-13-2013, 12:19 PM
My condolences. Well said..

chief2007
05-13-2013, 12:40 PM
AskBud you will be truly missed - My condolances to the family. Rest in Peace Neal.

easybuilt
05-13-2013, 12:53 PM
Thanks Connie for the update. He will be truly missed, he taught me so much from his training video's and always updating us on new patterns. My condolences to his family.

Digitalwoodshop
05-13-2013, 01:04 PM
Very Sad News

Know YOU made a Difference in this Community.

Your Knowledge and Memory will live on.

RIP Buddy !!!!

AL

mtylerfl
05-13-2013, 01:51 PM
Neil was a man who always placed others' needs before his own. We had many enjoyable phone conversations...almost always having to do with questions about CarveWright software features so he could create a tutorial video to specifically help someone on the CW Forum. The huge amount of time and effort he put in to help others is nothing short of amazing.

The last conversation we had, was difficult. I won't go into detail, but it was clear he wasn't quite himself. Neil was in the process of trying to assist a forum member, but was having a hard time navigating the forum to post his response. It was several weeks later that I found out about his stroke, which explained everything.

We all miss our good friend and colleague. Rest in Peace, Bud.

dltccf
05-13-2013, 02:15 PM
He has a lot of data on his website, do we need to make arrangements to have it stored somewhere else?

dave

jpaluck
05-13-2013, 02:22 PM
Condolences to his family..will keep in our prayers

TerryT
05-13-2013, 02:47 PM
Bud always had a stock pile of parts to share and seemed to love doing it. As soon as a question came up or LHR had something new, Bud had a training video to share on the subject. Our community has been diminished tremendously by his loss. He was a friend even to those he hadn't met. A sad time indeed.

rcdages
05-13-2013, 03:52 PM
Life does not offen give us a fellow such as Bud.

I was able to talk with Bud a couple of times and e-mail some, what a wealth of knowage he was.

It is so true all that has been written about him on this forum.

We will all miss you Bud.

seathis
05-13-2013, 04:59 PM
Oh my, Connie. I'm so very sad. We will all miss him so much.

lynnfrwd
05-13-2013, 05:00 PM
He has a lot of data on his website, do we need to make arrangements to have it stored somewhere else?

dave

We are seeking permissions to publish his shared tutorials.

CW-HAL9000
05-13-2013, 06:01 PM
I never spoke to him in person but when my son and I bought a used CW I found this forum and spent weeks reading posts ( most with input and Answers from him. I would never have figured this machine out without those posts and some of his tutorials I hope his family knows how much he did for everyone.

Maybe Connie can print out this thread and send it to them. May god give comfort to his family and thanks bud for all your help!

henry1
05-13-2013, 06:02 PM
My condolances to the family and he did help lots of people

Old Salt
05-13-2013, 07:21 PM
He will always be missed here .
Thanks for the times we all had with him.

RogerB
05-13-2013, 07:29 PM
I am at a loss for word. I would like to thank his family for sharing bud with the CW family.

spalted
05-13-2013, 09:32 PM
I never met him in person, but I think he was a huge influence in fostering the culture of helping and sharing we see here in the forums.
I'm willing to bet his efforts have kept a huge percentage of us from quitting and giving up when we got frustrated.

aokweld101
05-13-2013, 10:07 PM
my condolenences to the family, he will be missed when good people go it is like when Goerge Jones passed....... who's gonna fill there shoes.

eelamb
05-14-2013, 07:01 AM
Neal you have been missed here and always will be missed. My condolenences to the family

Bigtyme
05-14-2013, 08:46 AM
AskBud left a mark here with so many of us. His great contributions to the CW family will live on, but he will certainly be sorely missed. My condolences to his family. They are in our thoughts and prayers...

ktjwilliams
05-14-2013, 09:26 AM
Thx Bud for your yrs of service to the CW community !! You will be missed, RIP ...

CarverJerry
05-14-2013, 01:23 PM
That is so sad as I had spoke with him not long ago. AskBud will be deerly missed on the forum here. RIP Neal

SteveEJ
05-14-2013, 02:24 PM
Wow.. I am blown away. I don't get to visit too often due to work duties but I enjoyed reading Bud's replies. Bud, may God keep you in His arms always!

cestout
05-14-2013, 03:19 PM
He was always our "first responder" when anyone was in trouble. I don't know if he ever slept; his responses where so quick and always researched and tested. We will definitely miss him.

SharonB
05-14-2013, 05:59 PM
For all who knew Bud personally or through the knowledge he shared here on the forum or with his very helpful videos he will be sorely missed. It isn't often you meet a person that gives so freely of their time, effort and personal knowledge as Bud did here on the forum. I know we will miss him but his family more so....my thoughts and prayers go out to them.

tierman
05-15-2013, 06:42 AM
Thank you Neal for all of your help in the past as well as in the future. Your legacy will live with this family forever.

cnsranch
05-15-2013, 09:21 AM
I haven't posted, because I just don't know what to say.

We lost a good one.

When I lost my brother, his granddaughter told me that God needed another angel.

Looks like He needed another.

James RS
07-19-2013, 06:58 PM
I just saw this posting, I have had the assistance of Bud quite a few times.
I will miss him

lynnfrwd
07-19-2013, 07:12 PM
We have gotten permission from his brother to host his instructional files. As soon as we can, we will put on our site.

Ton80
08-31-2013, 12:49 PM
Wow,

I stumbled upon this because I know Bud has posted a video a while back about an issue I'm currently having. When I searched for the answer I noticed the 'In Memoriam" under his name.. I'm sure he is off helping some Angels up in Heaven because that's just what he does.. He must have been an amazing person and belated condolences to his family.

lynnfrwd
08-31-2013, 03:20 PM
Makes me sad every time I see his name. :(

dehrlich
08-31-2013, 06:05 PM
What a great loss to us all. Bud helped me on several occasions as he did with everyone else. It is sad that he is gone, but he will not be forgotten as long as we use his patterns, remember his wisdom, and duplicate his kindness to others. He was a leader to those of us that knew him here, someone that we can hope to honor with our continued love of carving and woodworking. Rest in peace Bud, and thank you for your contributions to this community.

Shacky
01-21-2014, 08:35 PM
I just wanted to add my 2 cents here. I do seasonal work and am out of the workshop for months at a time and am just getting back into the workshop and on my Carvewright after about 8 months. I logged in to the forum today and checked around to see about Bud because I remember he was ill.

People on this forum are unbelievably helpful. But, Bud was a stand-out. I remember I was having a problem one time and posted questions and he sent me a message to call him and he would explain it all to me. I did call him and he took the time to patiently explain my issue to me. I never met him, yet he would do this sort of thing to just help out someone he knew needed a hand.

As I said, I never met him, but I wish I did and my best wishes to the loved ones he left behind.

lynnfrwd
01-21-2014, 10:59 PM
Tugs at my heart every time I am reminded of Neil Harbison (Askbud). I never met him in person, but I could still hear his voice. "hi Connie, this is bud".

Capt Bruce
01-22-2014, 10:59 AM
I have the same reaction Connie as I watch and re-watch his tutorials when I've forgotten a technique. For one of my first projects years ago I couldn't figure out a way to make the software create what I needed. Bud spent half an hour on the phone with me patiently coaching me and after we finished he took the time to make a screen show video of what we had reviewed to help others. I immediately watched it and even picked up a few steps that were fuzzy for me the first time through. We do miss him every week.

jaroot
01-24-2014, 08:42 AM
Not only is Bud extremely helpful but if he knows you're having a problem he practically begged you to call him. He will be missed.

mister_zed
02-04-2014, 04:12 AM
I know it's long time this happened... I haven't seen the "in Memoriam" thread until now.

Askbud gone... that makes me sad... Cannot stop wondering how he was as person, probably as warmhearted and always helpful, just like he was in here... I can still hear his voice on his instructional videos. Thanks for all you've done for us other carvers.

lone star
04-03-2014, 08:18 PM
I have been here very little in the last 18 months or so. I was trying to find some information and looked for AskBud as I remembered his posts. I found this thread and am adding my condolences. Sad indeed.

luckettg
01-21-2017, 10:35 AM
Damn it all. I just discovered AskBud is gone from our world. He has helped me off and on since 2007 and was always patient with me. I have not spent much time on the forums for several years. I am very sorry he is gone and miss his counsel. I hope his loved ones are doing okay. Sad news this is for all of us.:(