PDA

View Full Version : What's in a name?

dehrlich
02-09-2013, 12:32 PM
This is kind of a different question, but here goes. Back in 2006 when I really started woodworking again and trying to make a profit, I named the business D&M Woodworks, with the D and M standing for my name and my wife's because she was always so supportive and helpful in what I was doing. After all these years I have logo's, a website and am starting to build a decent name for myself.

Problem is last week my wife, after being together for 10 years and married for just over 2 years, has decided she wants to move on without me. I can't blame her too much, I wouldn't want to be with me either if I didn't have to. A grumpy disabled guy that's always in pain can be difficult. In any case, I now need to come up with a different meaning for D&M that makes sense. Since you all are woodworking business men, I thought perhaps you could help. The D could be digital or something, but I haven't figured out anything for the M. Any suggestions?

Digitalwoodshop
02-09-2013, 12:52 PM
Sorry about your Wife.... I have been Divorced as long as I was married... 13 years...:cool:

Digital & Magic Woodworks

Design & Machine Woodworks

Designer & Magnificent Woodworks

Digital & More Woodworks

Digital and Majestic Woodworks

That is a start...

AL

gregsolano
02-09-2013, 02:29 PM
Digital and More is a great suggestion.

James RS
02-09-2013, 02:39 PM
Damn Mean Woodworking

dehrlich
02-09-2013, 02:40 PM
Digital and more is a good one. LOL @ Damn mean

unitedcases
02-09-2013, 02:41 PM
I have to agree. I like the digital and more. Maybe you should take what al has suggested and start a poll? Sorry about your wife.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Digitalwoodshop
02-09-2013, 03:59 PM
The NAVY (Never Again Volunteer Yourself) for Super High Intensity Training..... The Navy was all about Accronyms.....

Digital & More is the most open to matching with Woodworking.

Good Luck,

AL

dehrlich
02-09-2013, 04:15 PM
Yes I know what you mean about acronyms Al, I was in the Army and we had a few too. And don't be sorry about the wife guys, I'm not. Only sorry for the children because even though they are teenagers they are still upset. None of them mine but I have been more of a daddy to them than thier sperm donors have been (can't I say sperm on here? Guess I already did LOL). Only problem is now I won't have anyone around to help me coordinate paint colors since I'm about half color blind LOLOL. I tried the dog but he seems to be worse than me haha. Life goes on, I have faith that God has a plan for me and this must be part of it.

aokweld101
02-09-2013, 04:16 PM
Digital & Machincal Woodworking...

lostparts
02-09-2013, 04:50 PM
Decorative and Mechanical? Meaningful? I guess It depends on what market you cater to.

Sorry about the wife thing. Sadly now days it can happen to anybody. YOU ARE NOT AT FAULT, YOU ARE NOT TO BLAME.

Life happens, S@&T happens. Sometimes paths diverge sometime's they intertwine. It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you aren't.

dehrlich
02-09-2013, 06:41 PM
Decorative and Mechanical? Meaningful? I guess It depends on what market you cater to.

Sorry about the wife thing. Sadly now days it can happen to anybody. YOU ARE NOT AT FAULT, YOU ARE NOT TO BLAME.

Life happens, S@&T happens. Sometimes paths diverge sometime's they intertwine. It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you aren't.

I like that, hated for who you are thing, sounds like a good saying for a sign?!