PDA

View Full Version : sizing question

regor56
02-09-2013, 09:08 AM
When ever I set up my machine to cut an item a specific size it reduces the actual cut size on the finished product. I input the actual board size that I am putting into the machine, the machine measures the board and it asks to scale the project to the board size, if i click on no it asks me to install a new board. the items I am cutting are part of a plan and need to be cut a specific size. I hope this made sense! any suggestions would be appreciated!

DickB
02-09-2013, 09:13 AM
I'm guessing it has to do with the needed 7" of board to remain under the rollers. It would help if you posted one of your projects and then told us the size, length and width, of the board that you used. The first prompt that you get from the machine is Stay Under Rollers? - how do you respond to that?

CNC Carver
02-09-2013, 09:14 AM
Have you added the 7" to stay under rollers? And did you answer yes to stay under rollers when project loads on machine?

unitedcases
02-09-2013, 09:22 AM
I always add 7 inches and I make sure my design board is smaller than my actual board. The machine is measuring your board and finding it smaller therefore it thinks it needs to scale it down. I believe there is now an option for ignoring that error depending on what version you are running.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

fwharris
02-09-2013, 09:54 AM
Here are a couple of tips n tricks to help you out with your sizing issue,

http://www.carvewright.com/assets/tips/CarveWrightTips_and_Tricks_Mar09.pdf

http://www.carvewright.com/assets/tips/CarveWrightTips_and_Tricks_Apr08.pdf

As others have stated, it is all about the 7" rule and how you answer the "stay under the rollers" prompt at the machine during set up.

regor56
02-09-2013, 10:21 AM
ok I just started a project, The board length is 43.25 long, (I need 43" to be the correct size with the project size plus 7" to stay under the rollers) My machine measures the board and it is saying the board is 36.215 long. I cleaned the sensor that actually senses the board and tried several times to measure the board and it keeps coming up to this board length.

unitedcases
02-09-2013, 10:27 AM
Sounds like your tracking roller is skipping a bit coming up with a shorter length. Put some masking tape under the board to aid with tracking.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

fwharris
02-09-2013, 11:16 AM
ok I just started a project, The board length is 43.25 long, (I need 43" to be the correct size with the project size plus 7" to stay under the rollers) My machine measures the board and it is saying the board is 36.215 long. I cleaned the sensor that actually senses the board and tried several times to measure the board and it keeps coming up to this board length.

Are you tell it "yes or no" to staying under the rollers? When it is giving you the size info is it displaying 2 sets of numbers? If you say "no" and your design size is 36" it should show the board measured size (number displayed on left) and the design size (number displayed on right) and ask to "keep original size". say "yes" to keep original size and place on center..

regor56
02-09-2013, 11:24 AM
I am yes to stay under rollers

Are you tell it "yes or no" to staying under the rollers? When it is giving you the size info is it displaying 2 sets of numbers? If you say "no" and your design size is 36" it should show the board measured size (number displayed on left) and the design size (number displayed on right) and ask to "keep original size". say "yes" to keep original size and place on center..

fwharris
02-09-2013, 11:29 AM
ok... and what is the full display message it is giving you during the measuring step?

Have you tried just doing a "measure board" to verify what the machine is measuring the board at? From main menu key 7...

regor56
02-09-2013, 11:34 AM
I think it figured it out, I didn't know that it was displaying the project size and the board size.

ok... and what is the full display message it is giving you during the measuring step?

Have you tried just doing a "measure board" to verify what the machine is measuring the board at? From main menu key 7...

fwharris
02-09-2013, 11:40 AM
Sounds like you got it then.. As long as it does not ask to resize you should be good to go then... let us know how it comes out..

regor56
02-09-2013, 01:34 PM
Ok I got one part cut out looks good! now i get the message to check board sensor. It is clean, so i checked it to see if it is reading correctly, should be one 100 when over the board, i get 28 - 30, so I guess i need a new board sensor. i looked in the carvewright store but I can't find the board sensor. Where can i purchase one of these? thanks!

fwharris
02-09-2013, 02:18 PM
Ok I got one part cut out looks good! now i get the message to check board sensor. It is clean, so i checked it to see if it is reading correctly, should be one 100 when over the board, i get 28 - 30, so I guess i need a new board sensor. i looked in the carvewright store but I can't find the board sensor. Where can i purchase one of these? thanks!

Take a reading with white paper on top of the board and the head cranked down. Move the truck to see if the reading stays consistent across the board/paper. With the paper the reading should be 120-150 range.

I looked in the store and it does look like they are out of stock again.

dbemus
02-09-2013, 02:54 PM
You will find the bord sensor by going to the "Product Store" "service and parts" Look at the exploded parts diagram, YZ truck assembly. It is part #138. Scroll down to the parts list, find the part and click on the right column. The item will display. Price $23.

fwharris
02-09-2013, 03:04 PM
You will find the bord sensor by going to the "Product Store" "service and parts" Look at the exploded parts diagram, YZ truck assembly. It is part #138. Scroll down to the parts list, find the part and click on the right column. The item will display. Price $23.

Thanks!! Thought they would also just show up in the regular parts listing..