PDA

View Full Version : Problems with my friends CW

Canemaker
02-08-2013, 06:07 PM
As I started to carve a project today at my friend house, I heard a clicking sound coming from the keyboard side of the machine. I loaded the board as always with a sled consisting of fresh blue tape along my hard wood sided sled. It starting carving as usual, except for the clicking sound continued throughout the carve. Then all of a sudden the check cut motor message came on and I continued carving. Then the carving bit moved to another position outside of my carving area and then just sat there spinning and not carving according to my project. I aborted the operation, removed my sled to find out that the roller slipped somehow and tore my blue tape. Then I removed my bit only to find that my z-truck was stuck on the keyboard side and will not move at all. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I took the project home and decided to finish it on my carvewright. I loaded the sled into my CW and it error out with "check tracking roller" , I checked the board and tracking roller and reloaded the project. Then it gave me an error message about problems with the board. I plan on making another sled and trying that tomorrow and see if that fixes the problem.Thanks.

badbert
02-08-2013, 06:12 PM
It sounds like your friend needs to rebuild his Y gearbox with new bearings and gear!

fwharris
02-08-2013, 07:15 PM
I have to agree with Bert on the need to replace the bearing in the Y gear box...

unitedcases
02-08-2013, 07:18 PM
Or a dull bit? That will do it too.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2