PDA

View Full Version : Did your machine work right out of the box

Elkaholic
02-05-2007, 03:40 AM
Just trying to get some real data on whats really happening here.

elplano
02-05-2007, 06:10 AM
just got the machine from sears yesturday. the first project ran great for
20% of the carve, then stopped with the z-axis stall. I re-seated the cable
on the back of the motor and returned to normal. the second project
required the bit change, and when the head moved over and parked
the bit chuck fell off. quite impressive-is there a spindle lock somewhere
so I can properly tighten it back on? i'm very disappointed with initial
quality.
thanks for asking,
Ernie

menewfy
02-05-2007, 07:31 AM
i tried mine out twice before si left the sears store and drove back to canada and when i got home i cut one piece to deep and then it would not finish a piece so it is in texas.

oh well i am told it will be back soon.

Jeff_Birt
02-05-2007, 08:47 AM
From what I have gatherd from previous posts...One of the guys from CW who frequents the forum mentioned that they had about a 10% return rate on the first couple batches of machines from the mfg, most of which were folks who changed their mind about the machine (i.e. they could not figure it out, I'm not casting stones, CNC machines are not for everyone). He has also said that they have sold around 4,000 machines to date. So, if you take a look at the number of problem machines reported on the forum (real problms not, user related (I have had both :lol: ), which is probably up to around 20-25 now. Even if you quadrupal that number to account for for folks who did not report problms on the forum, you wind up with 3,900 out of 4,000 machines working perfectly out of the box and for the next 2-3 months (after Sears started selling them). Thats about a 1% failure rate, which IS high.

From other reports on the forum the problems associated with teh faulty Z-axis encoder and ribbon cables coming loose has been solved at the mfg level. I had to replace my Z-axis motor pack shortly after getting it. I called CW they sent the part and all is well. They are nice folks to deal with.

pkunk
02-05-2007, 10:40 AM
It's been almost a year now, still running. I've had some down time-I expected to, but the durations haven't been very long & all the repairs have been performed by me.

Elkaholic
02-05-2007, 08:31 PM
Called CW and was told they were so overwhelmed with support calls that it will be a while. LOL Great product great support. seems to me 2 users on this site are PRO CW and PUMP CW up. I do understand that it's a start up and they are going through growing pains and I am patient, and plan to try and solve my issues. But to keep up the notion that their are 1000's of happy customers and only a small percentage is not quite true.

Most I would bet don't even know what a forum is so the reports you Jeff have stated must be way off if only 40 people are having troubles according to the 10% of 4000 folks. From what I gathered from my phone call I will be lucky to get a support phone call before the 30 day money back period sears usually offers on purchases. What I mean to say is for those who have had little to no trouble, good for you, but don't expect me to clap for you, most from what I have read were around before they blew up and had fast excellent support. Users now feel a bit short sided. You experts on here should apply for a job, they told me they are looking, why not get paid for your time.

I did however discover an issue, the screw that holds the black cover over the ribbon cable is stripped and allowing the ribbon (I would assume) to slip out, but to avoid a warranty issue I will not mess with it until I talk with tech support. Just looking into the machine I have discovered 3 stripped screws and when taking the top cover off and reinstalling that cable while keeping the plastic piece in place so the wires do not touch any of the moving or heated parts is a bugger. I can see many solvable issues with just a few engineering design changes, seems like the real week link is the ribbon cable to the head not being strong enough. For a tool that carves wood and me being really familiar with printers, I can tell you I have seen printers with stronger ribbon to head setups. Hint hint CW.

anyway enough banter

HandTurnedMaple
02-05-2007, 08:42 PM
Actually the discussion was 10% were returned. Satisfaction is an ever-evolving thing. For the first week I was joyous. This weekend I was mad as hell. Today I am elated again.

Jeff_Birt
02-05-2007, 08:52 PM
I just call things like I see them, my friend. I think guestimating a 1% failure rate on my part is about right, but from a mfg standpoint that is WAY to high (definatly not six sigma). Please reread what I wrote, there is a diffrence between return rate and failure rate.

All that being said, I think it stinks that you are having problems right out of the box. As I mentioned I had some problems soon after getting my machine, CW took care of it. If a company treats me right I mention it, if they screw me over I mention that too (just ask me about Sprint some time). Personally, I would rather deal with an honest company that tells you they are way behind than one who lies about it and just keeps giving you the run around. Your milage may vary :D

I hope you get things worked out, it's a great machine and a lot of fun to use. Take care...

pkunk
02-05-2007, 09:08 PM
seems to me 2 users on this site are PRO CW and PUMP CW up.

If you're including me in this, you're probably right. I keep a fairly low profile, usually. I have had probably more failures on my machine than any member of this forum. I, however, don't rant about them, they have all been fixed. My machine has never been back to CW for rebuild, I've been able to do it myself with their excellent tech support. Give these people a break, (here I go again) have some faith in the product and the tech support and you will have more fun with a woodworking machine than yu ever thought possible. :D If not-get a life, somewhere else. :roll:

Elkaholic
02-05-2007, 09:55 PM
Jeff I agree with you and that's why am giving them time to prove you correct. They were very pleasant and honest with me. Punk if the shoe fits I guess wear it? I have not asked for help, I know my way around a forum and have gleaned what I have needed to self trouble shoot. I have only stated what my issues were in a matter of fact way. If you don't like it punk don't read it. People should be aware of these types of problems.
So

1. Z Axis error
2. a refurbished/used machine sold to me as new
3. Y axis error
4. Tech support overloaded
5. punk telling me to get a life LOL
6. Figured out several screws are stripped and most likely the culprit and feel I do not want to break the warrant contract by self engineering like the great wizard of Punk.

I do have faith that it may get working, and 2066.00 is not much money in the scheme of things so no big deal. I thought folks may want to know what to expect and honesty is a good policy.

pkunk
02-05-2007, 10:14 PM
"You experts on here should apply for a job, they told me they are looking, why not get paid for your time."

As one of the newbies here you think you'd have a little respect. I don't need or want a job with Carvewright and the only reason I'm here at all is to share knowledge and help the ones who need it. Hopefully you won't need mine. Keep your sharp tongue where it belongs and we'll all be happy.

Elkaholic
02-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Ya like you telling me to get a life was real mature, Just shoving it back your way :D

The Bard
02-05-2007, 11:50 PM
a refurbished machine sold as new is Sear's issue... you might consider calling them and arranging an exchange based on that information alone.

they get a shipment every week.

also, since this is a "computer controlled woodworking machine" I think a higher percentage of people who own this product know what a forum is.

I've spoken with many people who read the forums but just dont' post.

*looks around suspiciously*

you ever get the feeling you're being watched?

:shock:

Elkaholic
02-06-2007, 04:06 AM
I had come to that conclusion already, I am contacting sears for replacement in the a.m.

I am sure you are correct on the issue of it being tied to the computer, thus bringing them in the fold here. But from what have seen here if you mention troubles your having with a machine and you make the mistake of not asking for help, and your a so called NEWBIE you have no rights to post your displeasure. Apparently before you can tell it how it is you must fix or repair your machine many times before respect can be earned.

Truth is I bought it to use it, not try and fix it many times, to tweak the machine and bubble gum it together with liquid nails or try this or that or maybe this. I bought it to use. Not trying to offend anybody, but read through the troubleshooting posts, most users are on a roller coaster ride with this machine. Will send this one back and hope for a good one on the return, with UPS and sears, by the end of February I may have a machine. it comes in and works, great, if not a call to CW and if no response it's back to Sears for good.
I own a shop full of tools, including a Woodpecker table Saw fence system with a router lift, band saws, routers, planers, molders/ planer, and many more tools, and I do realize they all need adjustments tweaks and so on. It's a hobby, just for fun. I hope they get through the beta phase, it could be a fun little sign machine, I just hope they don't burn to many users before then.

Don't take ofense, it's just my frustrations and I feel CW needs to know!
Over and out!

toothpicks
02-06-2007, 05:51 AM
How did you find that your machine was a refurb, if you don't mind me asking? I too got mine from Sears, and am getting suspicious.

It's like either I got a lemon, or this thing truly is half-baked. I have all of 20 hours logged on it so far (I know, because I just got the message to lube my cable last night), and have had many problems already.

Initially, I had the problem with the bit plate. I performed all of the fixes mentioned in another thread, and it worked for a day. Last night it stopped working again, and I found the tension plate was once again loose (ever so slightly). I'm going to replace that screw with a hex head screw, but first I'm going to try and get some phone support. Mostly concerning the rash of errors I got. I finally gave up on the idea of carving anything last night.

One Homing error, a Z-axis stall, and 3 Y/Z axis errors. Jeez! This thing is definitely female!

I do agree with your sentiment though. I don't have problems like this with my table saw, miter saw, scroll saw, band saw, sanders, etc. They are "somewhat less complex" than this machine, but I really don't like being used as a Beta tester without being informed before the fact.

I must say that the times I have gotten through to the people in Texas, they have been very friendly and helpful.

Elkaholic
02-06-2007, 08:31 AM
Just talked with sears and they issued a pickup. I went ahead and just did an exchange, but will not get one until March 7th. They did say they had a very high return rate on this item. She did say that it looked like a really cool machine and she hoped my next one would be better. If I encounter any z axis errors it goes right back and I will be done until CW gets things worked out.

P.S. for the CW engineers. Why is that cable that attaches to the head not more like a hard drive connection in a computer rather than that plastic case with only one screw in it and no pins to hold it in frimley? Seems like that is a major week point. Other ribbon cables inside the unit use that technology, just not that specific cable? It slides in and out with ease and even if glued it would eventually break down and crack the glued point, like mine did. After talking with sears I had it run after gluing it down with liquid nails like in other cases, but it came loose and I was unable to get past a z xis error no matter what I did. At the very least two solid screws in the plastic housing where the cable inserts into it might help.

I hope in a month some new technology has been implimented tested and fixed and the now(I consider it) alpha testing moved to beta testing :shock:

Jeff_Birt
02-06-2007, 08:47 AM
Hey, Elkaholic, glad you got it worked out with Sears. I bet you will be happy with the next one. At least you can get to know the software in the meantime. Take care...

Toothpicks: You might put a bit of blue locktite on the Y-axis tension plate screw before reinstalling. That should prevent it from working loose. I have had my own share of axis errors and most (but not all) have been my fault as I was learning how the machien worked. The balance, were due to things being loose (OK some of the loose things were my fault too :wink: ).

The Bard
02-06-2007, 08:56 AM
the plastic cover isn't supposed to "hold it in"... it just covers it and keeps the cables from chasing around the machinery.

There was a locking mechanism on the female piece of that ribbon cable. (the brown latch on top of the white connector) but it was not build to specs. Therefore it often pops out and takes the cable with it.

When you glue the cable down, you have to

A: make sure that latch is flush against the connector and
B: make sure you glue that down as well.

This has been the cure for that ailment in most cases.

mdefilio
02-06-2007, 09:27 AM
Well after reading this forum for a few months, I have now made up my mind not to spend 1800 bucks on such a cheap built machine. After reading responses from BARD, he has really help me make my choice. Glue cables, stripped screws, flex shafts sent with out lube!! Come on folks, this is not a $49 power tool. When I shell out $1800 for a hobby toy (which that is all this is, no production machine here) I expect it to be very well manufactured and a lot of happy people and I am not seeing that. Stripped screws is a sign of poor workmanship, get it together. I have read a ton of post about down time so I think your percentages are way off. And BARD, you attitude will only provoke others who read this forum to go to ShopBot like I am doing. I bet Sears will be dropping the CompuCarve in a matter of time. They won't stand for the headache for only so long!!

Jeff_Birt
02-06-2007, 09:42 AM
mdefilio
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:27 am Post subject: Made Up my mind!!!
Well after reading this forum for a few months, I have now made up my mind not to spend 1800 bucks on such a cheap built machine. After reading responses from BARD, he has really help me make my choice. Glue cables, stripped screws, flex shafts sent with out lube!! Come on folks, this is not a $49 power tool. When I shell out $1800 for a hobby toy (which that is all this is, no production machine here) I expect it to be very well manufactured and a lot of happy people and I am not seeing that. Stripped screws is a sign of poor workmanship, get it together. I have read a ton of post about down time so I think your percentages are way off. And BARD, you attitude will only provoke others who read this forum to go to ShopBot like I am doing. I bet Sears will be dropping the CompuCarve in a matter of time. They won't stand for the headache for only so long!!

Well to each his own, but you can't fault Bard for being helpful, explaining the design of the machine, and how to fix issues (and the percentages mentioned in this thread were by me from my own extrapalation of figures from other posts, and I stand by my numbers {can't fault Bard for my numbers either, but you can fault me if you wish}). I've also read over the ShopBot forums, alot of troubles being discussed there too (which is the point of a forum, no?) After working on really big CNC controlled equipment (like 40' long x 20' wide), I would not conclude that the CW is cheaply made. I hope you like your ShopBot, (there are folks here who own both), just be prepared that you are going to have to buy some $$$ CAM software to go along with it. Good luck

The Bard
02-06-2007, 09:48 AM
wow, I have an attitude problem! :lol:

Thanx!

BobHill
02-06-2007, 10:00 AM
Shopbot Standard Benchtop (without designing software) is over $5,000 (with shipping) and without extras. They also have their problems as well, check the Shopbot forum: Troubleshooting. http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/messages/26/26.html?1170745663

Bob

pkunk
02-06-2007, 10:02 AM
wow, I have an attitude problem! :lol:

Thanx!
I think I have an attitude problem. :D Only with the ones that think it's our fault that they got out of the wrong side of bed. If someone would like help here all they have to do is ask, not come in and badmouth us and the machine. :x

The Bard
02-06-2007, 10:33 AM
hey, this is the most attention I get all day... don't pop my bubble!

toothpicks
02-06-2007, 11:09 AM
hey, this is the most attention I get all day... don't pop my bubble!

Hah! Just like my old pitbull! Even bad attention is good attention (like a good old-fashioned slap fight). :wink:

So I'm trying to call the CW people, and I can't raise squat there. Can't even leave a voicemail for the operator! Now, this is starting to <deleted> me off!

Edit: Now the phone just rings. And rings. Ad nauseum. Must have gone to the Catfish Barn for lunch.

I can't blame a previous poster one bit, who said they were not going to participate in the CW cluster. If anyone asked me if I recommended this system, I would have to be honest with them and just say no.

I'm going to contact Sears and see what they say.

revved_up
02-06-2007, 11:16 AM
I also have tried to call them today to resolve some issues that I havent been able to fix with the aid of the forum and same thing can't leave a message box is full transfer to operator and cant leave a msg there either box is full. I will try back shortly and hope for better luck.

toothpicks
02-06-2007, 11:21 AM
Oh, and as far as the poll goes...

There is probably not a good sample size just yet, statistically, but the trend does not look very good. Just over half of the respondents had their machine work initially and still have a live unit.

If these were cars, the company would be under a Senate investigation.

Jeff_Birt
02-06-2007, 11:39 AM
Folks, this thread has degraded into a real urination match. (insert you own colorful language). Hurling insults at each other will not solve anyones issues. Let's keep the conversation on topic and constructive (and clean ). :wink:

Elkaholic
02-06-2007, 01:35 PM
Talked with CW today and they truly sound genuine in wanting to help. Unfotunatly many things in this process are out or their hands. Like Sears sending me a used/refurb unit. Apparently I am on a waiting list and supply in demand dictates that I am in line and could possibly get it sooner, but it depends on how many they receive in this next shipment that was due yesterday but has not come in. If they get 200 in and my number is 201, I will have to wait until the next shipment. Right now they show 220 on back order. How do you get put on back order. Go through what I am doing :shock: So if the stars align and the two cards dealt are aces up and the flop shows an ace and the turns an ace, I may get my replacement sooner :) Even though they sold me a refurb, I could not convince them to bump me up the list, but he did give me a credit of a few shillings:) That will give me time to drive the 60 miles to pickup some cheap pine instead of using all my birdseye maple, 100 year old Redwood, Purple heart, and mahogany. BTW I have a bunch of that type wood if anybody is interested in some. I hope to get this thing going, can not wait to see some of that old Redwood carved.

Again CW "Bard" thanks for you time and help!!

toothpicks
02-06-2007, 01:45 PM
Did they tell you when they sold it to you that it was a refurb?

Jeff_Birt
02-06-2007, 03:21 PM
hey Elkaholic, glad to hear you got in touch with a warm body today. Sounds like (eventaully) you 'll get a brand spanking new machine.

My suspicion is that somebody took your machine back to Sears claiming that they 'never had it out of the box', and it got resold as such. I have a friend who got a LCD monitor from buy.com that way, retaped box, scratched on base, etc. They did send him a new one.

Defiinatly try thigns out on cheaper wood. Good pine carves nicely, but can be a bit fuzzy (but it cleans up easy). I have found that even with a lot of CNC experiance under my belt I had to get to know the machine and software.

Elkaholic
02-06-2007, 03:29 PM
Nope, I could just tell. It had screws that were stripped, missing pieces, sides scratched up and double taped. To many things point to it being used/refurbed. Sears of course does not admit to it, but I can tell. They actually treated me very good on the phone and had no problems sending out a new unit. Now since i talked with bard, I took the black cover off where the ribbon cable fits into the head, shoved it aside, reinserted the cable and instabond the brown clip and cable. It's now carving, holy *bleep* Lets see how far it gets. I still want the replacement due to the top screws, the middle screw and one in the back of the top are stripped and so 1 screw is holding the top on.

Wish me luck!!! :arrow:

toothpicks
02-06-2007, 03:39 PM
Definitely, best o'luck to ye.

BTW, "instabond"? Is that a brand name, or another term for superglue, or what? Not familiar with that one.

Thx!

oju392
02-06-2007, 04:06 PM
I purchased a Compucarve last month from Sears. The first two carvings were way too small. The last two I did turned out good. Then my rear sanding belt broke this past Sunday.
I called Carvewright and it took a couple tries to get through. After getting through I talked to a freindly young lady that said she'd send me new belts. Hopefully this will not happen too often.
I have ordered a set of bits a coouple weeks ago and hopefully they will come shortly along with the belts. I really like what the machine does when its working. I do have some software problems (learning things).

Elkaholic
02-06-2007, 08:34 PM
Instabond is a glue for turning Pend on a Lathe, dries quick and sticks to anything, yet it's safe on plastic. Finished my first project and working on the next. It did a pretty good job, when I finish it I will post a picture.

The Bard
02-06-2007, 09:15 PM
:oops:

HandTurnedMaple
02-06-2007, 09:33 PM
Its superglue.

jdrof
02-07-2007, 07:49 PM
Mine worked out of the box and after (7) projects it continues to run great. I did have a bit drop out during a cut-out but a little lock-tight (blue)and a check with each use solves that problem. I have about 13 hours on the machine.

terry
02-09-2007, 04:44 PM
My cw worked right out of the box for a couple of projects, then began having problems. I talked to the techs and found them very helpful and eager to solve the problem. I'm sure the remedy was simple, but felt more secure in sending the machine to the hospital. When I received it back it cut a couple of projects and had a y axis stall. I went on the forum, found many helpful ideas from previous posts, and fixed the problem. A feather in the cap of a guy who grew when computers were housed in a square block-sized building.
Everyone involved was a great help

pkunk
02-09-2007, 05:42 PM
Heheh, Terry I like your sig. :D

The Bard
02-09-2007, 05:53 PM
hey Pkunk! you're not allowed to have positive responses here!

jspringertx
02-09-2007, 05:57 PM
My unit came in and worked just fine for the first two projects and then broke. CarveWright's tech support was excellent and I had my machine repaired and it is working great.

Fortunately I live near their headquarters so I could take the unit in for repair and save shipping costs. They are a great group of people and are dedicated to making us successful.

pkunk
02-09-2007, 06:40 PM
hey Pkunk! you're not allowed to have positive responses here!
Heheh, Bard-I'm only negative when I can't take all the other negativity anymore. :D

terry
02-09-2007, 10:03 PM
pkunk, from looking at your previous posts, I may be picking your brain when a problem arises. You seem quite knowledgeable. Bard, lose the negativity you are second on my list for help.

Baron Richard
02-09-2007, 10:08 PM
For those of you that got a Z pack replacement, how long did you have to wait to get a replacement? I've feel I've been very patient (3 days to get to talk to BARD, and now 9 days since that diagnostics call) and no ship date for parts yet... got lots of projects designed... but until I get to see them in wood, it's just so much running in place... :?

1/05 Saw on TV (took another few days to think up enough uses to make sure it was worth the investment...)
1/15 Ordered unit.
1/23 Received unit (actually on time from Sears!) but waited to unpack while waiting on result of email I sent to CW on software pricing.
1/27 Unpacked and set up (spend a good 5 hours going over everything on the forum and making sure nothing was loose, all cables were tight...

1/28 Carved first test project!! Yeah!! No problems right out of the box! carved 2nd "Demo" design, Looking good!!
1/29 Started 3rd project after work: Z Axis Stall error 246... only 2.5 hours on machine and another 3 hours on the forum looking for solutions and tests... no good, nothing helps and to late to call...
1/30 Called CW after work, waited for call back
1/31 Called CW after work, waited for call back
2/1 CW called while I was at work, called back after work to make sure they had the time I would be home on the ticket. BARD called me back that evening (thanks for working late!), confirmed bad Z-Axis Encoder, CW will ship parts
2/5 emailed BARD about not having a tracking number yet, was told they didn't have any, so not shipped yet. That they were working on rebuilding them as fast as they get them back in... (no spare parts :?: , or all they had are out in cross shipping, either way is bad news :!: )
2/8 emailed BARD again and got the same answer, no parts available, are working on rebuilding them as fast as they get them, but no guess on a possible ship date

*Sigh*

This may seem long winded and rambling, but all I've got is time...

"Here I sit in this pay toilet all broken hearted
paid a dime to **it and only farted..."

Maybe I should just listen to my sig file... (A time to speak, a time to remain silent)

The Bard
02-09-2007, 11:40 PM
sorry. people we're sending them too aren't sending the old ones back, even though we're emailing them fed ex labels and paying for the shipping.

this has been going on for weeks... I wish there was more I can do.

(why does everyone CAPITOLIZE EVERY LETTER OF MY NAME? I'm just curious)

liquidguitars
02-10-2007, 12:37 AM
Received mine from Sears online via the UPS last week,

5. Removed from box "Thanks UPS guy"
4. Gave it a look over tighten set screw on bits "looks cool"
3. Flashed the card 1.115 "will update to 1.117 soon"
2. Some simple pocket test via designer. "Nice"
1. Installed router bit, pulled levers pushed pad "ok yea I see"

Sweet music of CNC- BLAST OFF!

works :P

The Bard
02-10-2007, 12:55 AM
bah, someone gave you the wrong box then.

elplano
02-23-2007, 07:43 PM
After Weathering The Z-axis Crap, I Finally Got A Chance For
A Little Fun Time On The Cc. Project Ran Fine For 37% Then The
Dreaded Please Close Cover Message. It Appears To Be Vibration Sensative. Sensor Tests Normal, Switchs Normal, Push Enter
Runs For Another 2% Then Shuts Off. Checked All Connections
Mentioned In The Posts-they All Look Good And Check Good.
I Made A Jumper Plug For Both Cover Switchs To Eliminate
The Possibility Of An Intermittent Switch. No Luck. Does Anyone
Know Where The Wires Go From The Little Board? I Think There
Must Be A Mother Board Somewhere. Anyone Have A Wiring Diagram? Any Help Would Be Appreciated.
Thanks, Ernie

The Bard
02-23-2007, 11:32 PM
usually the close cover problems are just loose screws.

if you take the cover off and turn it upside down you'll see the plastic door is hinged by two pins. These pins are held in by plastic brackets. The screws for the brackets are usually loose and are not holding the door still.

tighten them up and try again.

shopworks
02-26-2007, 11:31 AM
My unit broke during it's first use. After following all the directions for setup I tried to do a simple cross cut as the first operation.

Everything was going as expected until the final pass of the cut. It made the cut all the way through the board and then instead of wood chips flying I noticed some plastic chips. Shortly after that the machine stopped and when I looked inside the chuck had completely fallen off.

In the process of the chuck turning loose, the cutting bit kept extending further down until the point where it hit the release lever on the sliding guide plate and then finally it cut a groove in the black plastic piece that is part of the board sensor.

I don't think I did anything wrong, but do you need to check to see if the chuck is on tight before using or after some amount of use? Fortunately, I can take this one back to Sears and get a new replacement unit but I'm concerned with a similar failure on the new unit.

JW

Dartman
02-28-2007, 09:51 PM
Mine worked fine out of the box. After a few projects it's dead waiting for a replacement board sensor. For those that might not be aware - after vacuuming inside and around the unit lift it up and vacuum underneath as there is a substantial amount of sawdust that collects there.

Hawg_man
03-01-2007, 05:11 AM
2/28/07 - UPS Delivered machine from Sears at 12:30 PM
Unpacked machine and assembled finished 1:15 PM
Read machine manual 1:15 - 1:45 PM
Loaded software on computer 1:45 - 2:00 PM
Loaded image into sofware and made adjustments and downloaded into flash card 2:30 PM
Put card in machine and followed prompts..............CARVING..........WOW and finished at 3:28 PM
I'm impressed but with caution. Now the fun begins...............!

Kenm810
03-01-2007, 07:39 AM
2/28/07 - UPS Delivered machine from Sears at 12:30 PM
Unpacked machine and assembled finished 1:15 PM
Read machine manual 1:15 - 1:45 PM
Loaded software on computer 1:45 - 2:00 PM
Loaded image into sofware and made adjustments and downloaded into flash card 2:30 PM
Put card in machine and followed prompts..............CARVING..........WOW and finished at 3:28 PM
I'm impressed but with caution. Now the fun begins...............!

Hearing stuff like that makes me feel worm and fuzzy all over -- ahm ahm in a good way I mean
ken