PDA

View Full Version : How about this Z Axis error Right Out of the shoot!

Elkaholic
02-05-2007, 03:28 AM
Drew up a couple simple patterns and the first one gave the z Axis error. I then scoured the forums and tried many things and no positive results. I then downloaded a few proven projects and all z axis errors. With all these similar errors why are machines still being shipped with these errors and problems. I will contact CW tomorrow and see what they say.

I was checking daily for a machine to become available through sears or CW and finally sears was the place. I bought it and had it shipped through the Sears website. I was excited to try it out and was totally diffused that I got a bad one right away.

So far I have ruined 1 6' x 12" x 3/4 100 year old Redwood. 1 10' x 12" x 3/4 Mahogany and a 6' x 10"x 3/4 purple heart supply of wood testing because I am miles away from any lumber yards.

Yes I have read use scraps, but that's all I had at the time. I have forwarded all the Z Axis errors on to CW.

Also the machine I received had obviously been reconditioned, or worked on because the screws on the top cover were stripped and the side had scratches. Could this be true that sears is sending out reconditioned units as new? WHY ARE THESE UNITS BEING SENT OUT DEFECTIVE? This Z Axis error seems to be a very common problem and has obviously been resolved, but machines still get sent out with the problem?

OK 2066.00 for the machine. 400 to 500 in wood gone on a machine that has had a proven Z Axis problem. A month to wait for a machine to become available, and this problem has been discovered long before the end of January. I question the Sears portion of the equation. Also I surely hope the CW folks talk with Sears about sending out reconditioned units because his one was obvious!

I sure hope I can get some resolution at a reasonable time frame.

I tried my own pattern, then the pool table patter supplied online here and the Elk pattern supplied online here, used a 1/6th carving bit(The only bit provided) The sears instructions say their is suppose to be wrenches supplied but none were. I am willing to give this a reasonable amount of trial, but I am not willing to eat $2066.00 for a machine that does not work. So speed is of the essence here, or a refund if this does not get fixed may not be possible.

I know it's a bit of a rant, but come on, too many of the same problem for these machines to still ship out, and to get one that had already been worked on, another red flag.

I only really want a reply from CW staff,

Thanks
Elkaholic

Jeff_Birt
02-05-2007, 08:27 AM
Give CW a call, I'm sure they can get you fixed up.

So far I have ruined 1 6' x 12" x 3/4 100 year old Redwood. 1 10' x 12" x 3/4 Mahogany and a 6' x 10"x 3/4 purple heart supply of wood testing because I am miles away from any lumber yards.

Yes I have read use scraps, but that's all I had at the time

Sorry you wasted some nice wood but...using expensive wood on your first trials is silly. It seems like it would have been worth the trip to pick up some clear pine or anything else.

pkunk
02-05-2007, 10:45 AM
Give CW a call, I'm sure they can get you fixed up.

Yes I have read use scraps, but that's all I had at the time

Sorry you wasted some nice wood but...using expensive wood on your first trials is silly. It seems like it would have been worth the trip to pick up some clear pine or anything else.
22 feet of high$$ wood??? Are you nuts? I couldn't run that much in my working machine.