PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Conference

AllThingsWood
02-04-2013, 08:58 PM
Has anyone had any conversation about the date for the conference for 2013, and are we going to have a conference?

fwharris
02-04-2013, 09:05 PM
Gene,

I am sure Connie will jump in here but I've heard YES and possibly a bit earlier in June than what it was last year.

This might be a great place to start posting what things we would like have, see and do this year. With this being the 3rd year I have my vote for more in depth topics that are beyond the basics for advanced users.

lawrence
02-04-2013, 09:12 PM
I vote for the end of November... so that way I could come :)

Lawrence

lynnfrwd
02-04-2013, 09:34 PM
Of course, we are having a conference this year. We hope to get place and date this week. Looking at mid to late June.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rcdages
02-05-2013, 09:35 AM
Will be looking forward to your update on the conference Connie.

lynnfrwd
02-05-2013, 10:29 PM
Checked out two new hotels today. One is a maybe.

badbert
02-05-2013, 11:28 PM
I vote for somewhere around The Mid west! So I can come, and November works for me, too!

lynnfrwd
02-05-2013, 11:59 PM
Sorry guys. Houston / clear lake area. Too many of us involved to travel.

lynnfrwd
02-05-2013, 11:59 PM
Some time between fathers day and 4th of July.

dehrlich
02-06-2013, 03:48 PM
Looking forward to the chance to come and meet everyone! Is it ok if I bring my puppy along? He's just a little guy (great dane, 37" tall and 160#) you won't even notice he is there LOL j/k. Sure I can get a puppy sitter.

lynnfrwd
02-21-2013, 10:11 AM
OK, so yesterday we posted the date & location for the 2013 conference, then after 3 different conversations yesterday with the coordinator of the facility, she called us yesterday evening to say she was sorry, but those dates were NOT available. I was both livid and sick to my stomach.

So, my question is....How many of you that are planning to attend WOULD NOT come, if we did it on the Thursday, Friday and Saturday BEFORE Father's Day? Is having it on "Father's Day Weekend" a game changer?

Thanks
Lynnfrwd

rcdages
02-21-2013, 10:41 AM
No Problem Connie for me.

Will look forward to the new date, time and location.

Looking forward to the 3th Conference.

myshop1044
02-21-2013, 10:46 AM
Connie
This could be a problem for those fying in. If the conference is all day Thursday, Friday and half Saturday
then they travel that afternoon, but they would have to travel on Wednesday to get there.
They could be traveling on Wednesday or Sunday depending on how many full days we have.
I personaly don't that problem since I'm only 4 hours away.
Just my thoughts.

Perry B.

cooter bec
02-21-2013, 11:08 AM
Did I miss something in the thread? I do not have any dates except the post that says it will be the weekend before Father's Day.

What I would like to see is smaller groups. More hands on learning of different subjects. Like Perry only a short drive. Will be there as long as their nothing with the grands kids that conflicts.

lynnfrwd
02-21-2013, 12:00 PM
We thought we had a date yesterday, but now we don't. My question was...Is having it leading up to Father's Day going to stop folks from attending?

fwharris
02-21-2013, 01:36 PM
No problem here with it being @ Fathers day, great timing maybe....gee Dad what would you like for Fathers Day!! :)

@ Perry, This would be the same schedule we had last year...

Canemaker
02-21-2013, 02:10 PM
Father's Day weekend would not be a problem, besides what a great gift for Dad to be able to attend the conference and make purchases on that date.

lynnfrwd
02-21-2013, 02:17 PM
Keep in mind the conference would not be ON Father's Day, but it will end the day before. For some, it may be a day of travel.

SharonB
02-21-2013, 02:54 PM
It's a 5 day trip for me no matter the date(s). Leaving hubby home and the daughters can take him out to dinner. But will be bringing a new member to introduce to everyone... the grandson who is trying to talk his grandmother out of one of her carving machines.

rcdages
02-21-2013, 03:20 PM
It's a 5 day trip for me no matter the date(s). Leaving hubby home and the daughters can take him out to dinner. But will be bringing a new member to introduce to everyone... the grandson who is trying to talk his grandmother out of one of her carving machines.

Is he close to getting the one machine???????????????

Capt Bruce
02-21-2013, 05:41 PM
I see no problem with Fathers Day weekend and my better half (actually 3/4) thinks this would be an ideal Gift. Wed travel may work better than other days in that the airline discounts few as they are tend to be for Tue/Wed flights and require staying a Sat night. Put me in Coach!

Capt Bruce
02-21-2013, 05:52 PM
Floyd,
Are you in charge of scheduling the after-hours seminars at the Cantina again? Sign me up for those too as I missed last year due to playing hurricane duty. That should mean I won't be senior on the rotation watch list this year.

fwharris
02-21-2013, 06:41 PM
Floyd,
Are you in charge of scheduling the after-hours seminars at the Cantina again? Sign me up for those too as I missed last year due to playing hurricane duty. That should mean I won't be senior on the rotation watch list this year.

Capt. we did sure miss you last year and looking forward to tipping a few with you this year. Now you know the fine folks at LHR were the ones planning all of the after hour seminars and last years will be hard to top!!

myshop1044
02-21-2013, 07:37 PM
Hey boys sign me up thoses classes, I might be able to bring a smooth bottle of Louisiana home made shine.

tierman
02-22-2013, 07:51 AM
Connie, Count me in!! Am looking forward to seeing everyone again. Missed it last year.( ya, having a barley pop too)

CarverJerry
02-22-2013, 08:32 AM
What is the cost of the conference this year? Need to put a plan together before I can say I could attend.

AllThingsWood
02-22-2013, 08:42 AM
Connie
I have no problem with attending the conference if it is held just before Father's Day. I will be driving down anyway to Waco and this would work out great for my Wife and myself. I am looking forward to getting together with everyone again.
Gene

dehrlich
03-28-2013, 09:55 PM
So is a date set on this yet? Need to make plans soon.

fwharris
03-28-2013, 10:12 PM
So is a date set on this yet? Need to make plans soon.

http://www.carvewright.com/2013-carvewright-conference/