PDA

View Full Version : Endless Love Heart Box - February 2013 project of the Month

mtylerfl
02-03-2013, 09:05 PM
Hello,

Here is a preview of the next Project of the Month (for FEBRUARY 2013)...The Endless Love Heart Box!

This unique box project features a decorative arrangement of carved hearts on the lid and continues the “endless love” theme all the way through to the actual shape of the stacked lamination container. This useful and attractive item will make a thoughtful gift for many special occasions such as weddings, birthdays and of course, Valentine’s Day! The project uses the 1/16" Carving Bit and the 1/8" Cutting Bit. No other bits are required.

The overall dimensions of the finished Endless Love Heart Box project are about 8˝" x 8˝" x 5˝"

Main items you will need:
1) The Project Files (included):
• Lid-and-Middle_Sections.mpc
• Top_and_Bottom.mpc

2) Boards with the following dimensions:
Lid and Midddle: .75" x 9" x 28"
Top and Bottom: .75" x 9" x 24"

NOTE: Do not use boards that are smaller than specified above unless using an appropriate jig.

3) Sandpaper, wood glue, clamps, stain and/or paint and clear finish, some scrap wood dowels andthree wooden “beads” or dowel caps for feet (I used 1"diameter dowel caps for the sample).

4) A Dremel-type rotary tool with assorted sanding wheels and bits to sand small details and speed up preparation for finishing.

Apply stain/paint and clearcoat of your choice. Here’s what I used on my Endless Love Heart Box made from Select Pine:

• Rust-Oleum Ultimate Stain - Black Cherry
• Several coats Bulls Eye 100% wax-free spray shellac
• Several coats Krylon clear Acrylic spray
• Gold Rub-n-Buff

aokweld101
02-03-2013, 10:19 PM
Wow!..what a nice project...its different.. I like it ... gonna start it as soon as I can...I thank you....[whazt that guys name again?]...lol...thank you mike

Bigtyme
02-04-2013, 07:01 AM
Beautiful project, Michael. My 12 month POM subscription was complete with the January project. Will I get a notice to re-up or do I subscribe again as a new one?

mtylerfl
02-04-2013, 07:19 AM
Thanks, guys!

John, I'm not sure if they send out any re-up notifications. I know a lot of companies send me notifications like that (usually a month before a subscription ends, though). You may want to go ahead and do a new subscription, just to be on the safe side.

I'll ask Connie about that, next time I talk to her. Connie knows everything!

Bigtyme
02-04-2013, 07:22 AM
Thanks, Michael. I kind of figured I would just send in a new subscription when the February project became available. I suspect it will be a few days before its up and out and maybe Connie has a different take on how to proceed as I agree she is pretty darn smart.....

rcdages
02-04-2013, 07:47 AM
Wonderfull POM Michael,

There is never a month that you do not have a wonderful project for us

I know how long it takes to put togeather the great POM you do.

Smoken D
02-04-2013, 08:04 AM
Beautiful project, Michael. My 12 month POM subscription was complete with the January project. Will I get a notice to re-up or do I subscribe again as a new one?

John, I also expire after the January project. Been a POM member for several years and have never received a notice about the subscription expiring. I usually wait a week after it comes out before renueing so that I don't get the January project again. :D

chebytrk
02-04-2013, 08:05 AM
When I come back... I want to come back as Michael's CW! :D LOL !! ;)

Bigtyme
02-04-2013, 08:14 AM
Thanks for the heads up, Smoken D. I suspected that was the way to go and appreciate the info. I don't want to miss a month or double up either :)....

CNC Carver
02-07-2013, 03:44 PM
Link from carvewright home page to Project of the month takes you to CW Project of the Month - August 2012. Would be nice to have that upto date.

What a wonderful project.

lynnfrwd
02-07-2013, 03:57 PM
Sorry. Been busy and this got neglected. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk