PDA

View Full Version : Need a pattern of a Poodle

pkunk
02-04-2007, 10:14 PM
Do any of you have a good graphic or a carvable pattern of a Poodle, profile preferably?

HandTurnedMaple
02-04-2007, 10:50 PM
Head shot

pkunk
02-05-2007, 10:29 AM
Thanks, HTM. Not quite what she had in mind. A profile of the entire dog and one that would carve like the patterns from Vector Art is what we really need. I'd buy on but they don't have one either.

HandTurnedMaple
02-05-2007, 10:46 AM
hmmm... imagine that. :?

Maybe I can come with something since we have a poodle too (a toy even) :roll:

Jon Jantz
02-05-2007, 01:27 PM
Pkunk,

Can you post a pic of the pose and look that you would like? There are many different looking poodles, but I might can help you out...

Thanks,
Jon

pkunk
02-05-2007, 02:31 PM
HTM & Jon, my friend is going to find a pic of her dog that is the look she wants. I'll see her tomorrow and hopefully get it to post. I really appreciate you guys! :D

Cliff
02-05-2007, 05:12 PM
pkunk

Maybe some Corel magic workers can breath life into this one.

HandTurnedMaple
02-05-2007, 05:28 PM
Actually, that one is really very workable if it fits your need pkunk.

GIZMO1D1
02-05-2007, 05:57 PM
IM EXPERMENTING,,,omg...poor lil thing..

ill get better...u wait and see!! :shock:

revved_up
02-05-2007, 06:08 PM
hmmm... imagine that. :?

Maybe I can come with something since we have a poodle too (a toy even) :roll:

Just dont use the scan probe tool or you will be the one in the doghouse :lol:

GIZMO1D1
02-05-2007, 06:09 PM
another try..

ha ha ha.. :x

HandTurnedMaple
02-05-2007, 06:13 PM
I'm sure your not quite serious Giz, but that would be good if you inverted it. The outline would crumble if carved raised like that.

Cliff
02-05-2007, 06:27 PM
Now that I take a closer look at it; it sorta looks like pkunk.

pkunk
02-05-2007, 06:39 PM
Hey hey now fella's :) Be nice. I'm just trying to do a favor for a neighbor. I give away more carvings than I sell and this is gonna be one.

Jon Jantz
02-05-2007, 08:20 PM
Hey Pkunk...

I used your Poodle idea to play around and try to make one carveable... this still might be kinda rough, but headed in the right direction, I think...

Here's what I got so far... the detail shows up better if you increase the Depth to about .5 and the Height to about 300...

Later, Jon

pkunk
02-06-2007, 05:15 PM
Jon, you got it spot on. A little refinement and we've got a winner! :D
Here's a pic of her dog.

BobHill
02-07-2007, 09:43 AM
Hey, how did one of my dogs get over there? (the other is a Westie)

Bob

HandTurnedMaple
02-11-2007, 01:05 PM
:lol: I guess I still some practice. When I showed my wife what I was working on, she laughed for a full 5 minutes and then said it looked like a dog in a sheep's costume with rabbit ears.

pkunk
02-11-2007, 02:03 PM
:lol: I guess I still some practice. When I showed my wife what I was working on, she laughed for a full 5 minutes and then said it looked like a dog in a sheep's costume with rabbit ears.
Heheh ! :D :D You did better then I. I'm way to ashamed to even think of posting mine. :oops:

Jon Jantz
02-11-2007, 05:01 PM
Pkunk...

I've tried working with that image, but I just can't get it to come out looking very good at all... the detail is not there. I think we would be getting much better results if we had a high-resolution clear image of the dog to start out with...

Maybe she has a few more digital pics she could share with you to upload? Or maybe I'll go searching for a poodle pic on the web that looks close to hers... would be nice also if the paws were not down in the grass.

Still playin' with it..

Jon

BoardSilly
02-11-2007, 05:27 PM
Sorry I didn't have more time to get this perfected for you, I took a few minutes today though and threw this together for you. PTN and Bitmap are in the zipfile if you want it and it will help you.

###Files pulled to avoid copyright issues

pkunk
02-11-2007, 06:02 PM
Pkunk...

I've tried working with that image, but I just can't get it to come out looking very good at all... the detail is not there. I think we would be getting much better results if we had a high-resolution clear image of the dog to start out with...

Maybe she has a few more digital pics she could share with you to upload? Or maybe I'll go searching for a poodle pic on the web that looks close to hers... would be nice also if the paws were not down in the grass.

Still playin' with it..

Jon
Thanks, I'll call her and see. Don't know if she has a digital or not. That one I scanned from a print. I could lend her mine, though.

HandTurnedMaple
02-12-2007, 04:57 PM
Here's what I have so far. Used brick texturing to create the hair, but it isn't right yet. I also need to get the ear a little better and fix the back feet.