PDA

View Full Version : upload problems

VILES
02-04-2007, 10:11 PM
We uploaded the carving to the flash drive this AM and put it in the machine and it carved out the test version of the carving . Tweeked it some tried to upload the final version to the card , despite the fact that we did not remove the flash drive from the USb port it now is giving us an error message that it can not access the flash drive , to please be sure that the flash drive is plugged in and the card is in the drive . IT IS ! Have tried un installing and reinstalling the software several times and nothing still the same message . Has anyone else had this poroblem . Anxious to get this resolved as we really want to get this project made for a special 50 th birthday gift . Thanks in advance .

pkunk
02-04-2007, 10:16 PM
Usually when that happens to me I remove & replace the card in the drive. Something about USB the connections can be fussy.

VILES
02-04-2007, 10:19 PM
Tried that too , thanks . Guess I will have to call CW tomorrow .

menewfy
02-04-2007, 10:27 PM
someone reported a while back that they had a simular issue and it was because they had a lot going on using the usb hubs if you are using a lot of usb stuff then i would suggest use what you need unhook the rest like printer and restart pc try it again

just a thought good luck

BobHill
02-05-2007, 08:47 AM
Although USB is supposed to run with almost infinite number of devices, it's really not true. MOST will run cooperatively with each other, but not ALL. I have an external Drive that won't allow many of my USB devices to run when it's connected to my main computer, so I have to only use it with myh secondary computer and the world runs well again. The CW dongle hasn't run into that same problem on my main system ... unless that offensive external drive is attached, that is.

Bob