PDA

View Full Version : Febuary POM?

BobC33
02-02-2013, 10:00 AM
It's the 2nd where is the Febuary POM? Some one is not on the ball.......

lynnfrwd
02-02-2013, 10:18 AM
Impatient, are we?! Like Christmas the first of every month. Maybe Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rickyz
02-02-2013, 11:08 AM
I understand your frustration. pom hasn't been ready on the first for the past couple of months. Not complaining, just saying....If it's valentines day related, every day it's not ready means one less day to carve. Since I don't have the ability to design such wonderful projects myself, I just grin and bear it. They are worth the wait.

mtylerfl
02-02-2013, 12:17 PM
It's the 2nd where is the Febuary POM? Some one is not on the ball.......

That would be me! Just finishing up...almost done with the instructions. Had a couple (personal) detours, unfortunately. Probably will be Monday before distribution.

rickyz
02-02-2013, 02:02 PM
life does have a way of doing that....

Digitalwoodshop
02-02-2013, 02:52 PM
MT,

WE as users APPRECIATE all the EFFORT you put into the Support of our HOBBY and BUSINESS.... Your DEDICATION to NEW IDEAS and Interesting Projects is Commended... Give yourself a "PAT ON THE BACK" you deserve it....

Sometimes we get frustrated when we go up to a Vending Machine and find it empty and get all excited and jump up and down... Not taking into consideration that someone must fill that machine so it is ready when we have our Quarter.... The "We want it Right Now" generation... LOL..... I appreciate what you are doing for the Community....

Good Job !!!!

AL

mtylerfl
02-02-2013, 03:22 PM
Thank you! I appreciate the encouragement very much! I had the pleasure of spending a couple hours or so with a new CW owner this afternoon- Lonnie Pendergrass. He is so excited to get started. We got his machine unlocked and went over all the "basics" I could think of, so he is now "good to go". (He saw the new POM sittin' here, too! - I'll get a preview posted soon!)

My good friend Robert Dages is spending his day today helping a fellow CW owner (Lee) with meeting a project deadline - doing 12 award plaques, I think. Robert brought one of his machines over to another CW owner's shop...total of three machines running to get the job done.

I love how everyone pulls together to encourage and help each other out. What a great community we have here!

aokweld101
02-02-2013, 05:11 PM
I'm not to good at pushing buttons.... I'm waiting on the edge of my seat....lol

aokweld101
02-02-2013, 05:45 PM
I just finished the nov. pom thought I'd show off the work that me and that othe guy did.... [wazt his name]....lol

mtylerfl
02-02-2013, 08:39 PM
I just finished the nov. pom thought I'd show off the work that me and that othe guy did.... [wazt his name]....lol

WOW - That looks GREAT! Please share with us your technique on the finish. Beautiful job!

aokweld101
02-02-2013, 09:23 PM
I had seen a video on this guy doing a wolfs head and how he hilighted it useing a water base minwax color express paint, used a walnut color I dabd the paint on with a small sponge brush and after it dried I sanded it with 220 sandpaper to bring out the features on the carve regions then I taped off the ribbon and painted it with a small brush then let it dry then painted the letters...its like the commercial ...if its on the net its gotta be true ....lol

rickyz
02-04-2013, 03:32 PM
In a perfect world, any themed projects like valentine's day, xmas, thanksgiving, etc. would be the previous month's pom so that we have time to make some before the holiday... definitely not complaining, just saying.

lynnfrwd
02-04-2013, 05:37 PM
It's on me today. Didn't make it through all of the emails from over the weekend and didn't know I had received the project from Michael. It will go up in the morning as I need Metallus - Firmware Lord to help and he is already gone for the day.

Connie

lynnfrwd
02-05-2013, 01:19 PM
It's out there now.

SharonB
02-05-2013, 02:05 PM
Sure wish I could read Russian (or what ever it is). But from the pictures it looks like it's going to be a fun project.

lynnfrwd
02-05-2013, 03:11 PM
Sure wish I could read Russian (or what ever it is). But from the pictures it looks like it's going to be a fun project.

In my Willis voice: "Whatcha talkin bout?"

SharonB
02-05-2013, 03:57 PM
Connie... the instructions print out in a foreign language... something like it did a few months back.

RMarkey
02-05-2013, 04:22 PM
Looks good with acrobat XI. Try rebooting your computer if you haven't already.

Connie... the instructions print out in a foreign language... something like it did a few months back.

eelamb
02-05-2013, 04:49 PM
I will step in here. Acrobat XI is not backwards compatible. It will not read all older versions, and older versions can not read it. It is suggested to have version 10.1.4 or older installed on your computer, unless you know the PDF was created with 11. You can get the older versions at http://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions
I have been battling this for almost 2 weeks with the release of acrobat 11, since most of my customers are running document management software, creating PDF invoices, and customers with 11 could not read them. (garbage came through).

eelamb
02-05-2013, 04:57 PM
I should have added if you want a great PDF reader download foxit, it is faster, without the overhead adobe has.
http://www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/

RMarkey
02-05-2013, 04:59 PM
Acrobat XI is not backwards compatible.

Huh. I haven't seen this as of yet. If we edited it, then the PDF was created/saved with acrobat 8.

lynnfrwd
02-05-2013, 10:28 PM
It is what ever Michael uses. I just upload it. I'm sure he will chime in.

mtylerfl
02-06-2013, 07:44 AM
I create all the instructions using CorelDRAW (I made a template for that many years ago). After the instructions are done, I export to a PDF file. Although I own (and use) CorelDRAW X6, so far all of the instructions have been, and are, created/exported via my CorelDRAW X3.

I downloaded and tested the current PDF posted on the CW website (just in case it had somehow 'morphed' into something different than my original I provided to CW). It opened and displayed just fine with Foxit 4.3.1 and Adobe Reader 10.1.5 on two desktops and three laptops here (operating systems are Win 7 64-bit, Win 7 32-bit, and Win XP Pro).

I'm stumped as to why Sharon's is not displaying properly. Sharon - have you tried Foxit Reader yet? If so, please let us know if the PDF behaves itself using that instead of Adobe Reader.

mtylerfl
02-06-2013, 08:35 AM

Sharon,

Here's a "long-shot" but I ran across somoene with a similar problem printing a PDF on their HP Printer. In that case, the workaround was to turn off the printer and turn it back on. Then print the PDF. Like I said, a long-shot but worth a try (I guess).

CNC Carver
02-06-2013, 08:39 AM
Sharon it is a problem with your adobe reader not the file itself. Check this link for some help.

http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/missing-or-garbled-text-printing.html

SharonB
02-06-2013, 11:49 PM
Thanks everyone for the help. Yes, the trouble was on my end. Between installing a new HP wireless printer and maybe Adobe I got the weird printout. Between looking at the printer and the Adobe I have installed I finally got the instructions to print in English. But I will also be looking into Foxit (thanks Eddie). Some days I'd just like to bang my head against the wall and this was one of them.

b.sumner47
02-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Michael, Great box pattern for the POM, will go good with the others.

Capt Barry