PDA

View Full Version : My New Carve Wright Machine

lostparts
01-30-2013, 11:38 AM
I just thought I would post a brief overview of my carvewright experance.

I activated my machine 1/17/2013. I had a stuck compression roller, after a number of call's to CS and an emailing, I tried to trouble shoot it using the fourms. Take the side off and move sensor wire untill you get a click from the roller. (nothing like taking apart a brand new machine!)

Them getting board sensor error, more calls to tech support tried masking tape, duct tape, frog tape, and anything else I could find on a board only getting a 14 on the diagnostics's for the sensor. I called thinking last straw monday the 28th the tech guy told me the sensor was dead he had to get approval to replace it but it should be no trouble at all, ( I got a one year warranty) he would call me back that day and let me know when it would ship.

After not hereing back from the I called again today ( the 30th!!?), asked for a manager from the start, got to speak to a very nice lady and told here what was happening thus far. I had 11 phone calls to tech support, 4 emails and still a nonworking machine. After a brief talk she again told me she had to get someone in a tech department to approve it, and than I would have to pay for shipping.

This machine has not even cut a board at all. They want me to take parts of it off, and replace them with new and then pay for shipping???? I told her plainly if they expected me to pay for shipping on something I haven't got to use that I would wheel my machine outside my shop Charge the purchase back to them with my credit card, and they could come by and pick it up anytime they wanted to do so.

Sorry to vent very frustrated my CS exp has not been good. When do you know that you have had enough.

henry1
01-30-2013, 11:47 AM
were are you located you in the USA or canada I would be frustraded also wow

CNC Carver
01-30-2013, 11:50 AM
Rick is this your second machine or your first one? You exp is definantly not the norm for LHR.

lostparts
01-30-2013, 01:08 PM
This Is the first one I own. My business partner Own's one that I operate program and house. I am In USA!

lostparts
01-30-2013, 01:11 PM
On a side note, I generally believe the machine is tough my buddys has 50 hours on it now ( 4mounths old) It has never given any trouble at all other than the dust collector is just for looks serves no purpose at all.

fwharris
01-30-2013, 01:20 PM
On a side note, I generally believe the machine is tough my buddys has 50 hours on it now ( 4mounths old) It has never given any trouble at all other than the dust collector is just for looks serves no purpose at all.

Not having a good carving experience from the start does make for an unhappy carver for sure. When they delivered your machine how was the condition of the box? Show any signs of damage? The do get bounced around.

If you are speaking of the black muffler sock as a dust collector, well it is not for that purpose. It does catch fine dust blown out from the cut motor but is more for muffling the sound. For real dust collection you will need one made specifically for doing that. See my link in my signature or visit the CW store 3rd party...

Rob Mulgrew
01-30-2013, 01:46 PM
Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I have had my fair share of frustrating experiences with my CW but a lot were my own fault from not knowing the machine but a brand new machine should not have these issues.
The board sensor errors are common for me. I think the temperature of the room plays a part in those errors. It is really cold now where I live and for some reason the sensor acts up if its too cold because if I run the heaters in the room for awhile I don’t seem to have those issues other than just having to blow some compressed air on the sensor. I also have put a light on the table where my CW is mounted and it shines on the board. That seems to have helped also. I hope they take care of it for you. I noticed also that they are crazy about shipping costs. I wanted to order a couple little pastic clips that go over the bearings and the lowest shipping they would offer me was $12.00. I called them and said you can put those in an envelpe with a stamp, why would I pay $12.00 to ship them? They told me thats the lowest shipping they offer. So I now run my machine without 2 of the clips that broke.
Rob

mtylerfl
02-01-2013, 08:07 AM
I just thought I would post a brief overview of my carvewright experance...

Hi,

I am so sorry to hear about your initial experience with your new machine. I hope you'll get this sorted out quickly.

Rob mentioned the issues he has experienced when trying to run the machine in a cold shop. The problems you have described, do seem to fit the issues encountered if the machine is in an environment less than about 50 degrees (head pressure/head alignment/board sensor can all misbehave if it's too cold).

Did a Tech ask you what your shop temp is? Perhaps you could let us know here. I'm really hoping it's just a simple matter of warming up the shop and will make the problems "go away".

Please know that we are all here to help and want you to be successful (and happy). You've got a lot of buddies here!

chebytrk
02-01-2013, 08:53 AM
Good observation Michael. Here in Dallas in the mornings it's been 30s/40s so I definitely keep my shop heat set to 65 just to make sure about that very thing you mentioned. I do remember before I had to place a lamp (or even hair dryer) just to warm up the pad side of the CW before using it. Yup.... definitely something to consider.

aokweld101
02-01-2013, 09:10 AM
I have had my machine 4 months also, I've have got 600 hrs. on it I've had issues with it. but it was error due mostly on my part for not knowing the machine I've gotton a little better at troubleshooting it. there is nothing worse than the machine not running I hope that you find your problem...keep turning and burning...and good luck to you

lostparts
02-04-2013, 11:51 AM
Got My new sensor!!!!!!!!!! It is running right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woot!!!

chief2007
02-04-2013, 12:52 PM
Keep an eye or should I say a hand on the flex shaft from time to time to make sure it is not getting too hot.

Good to hear that you are mak'n some dust!