PDA

View Full Version : Help!

guido5286
01-28-2013, 06:52 PM
Anyone ever have this happen before?

It's still running because I'm trying to finish the project it started.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

henry1
01-28-2013, 07:03 PM

Have you greased your flex shaft with molly lube, if not you can stop it and take flex out and put molly lube not to much now it might save your flex shaft

chebytrk
01-28-2013, 07:05 PM
yup... You'll definitely need a new flexshaft. Hope you don't do more damage by continuing to run it. You need to make sure there is lube on the flexshaft even if it comes from LHR. It will not hurt (besides, it's extra insurance) to re-lube it or else there's a good chance of this happening again.

Rob Mulgrew
01-28-2013, 07:09 PM
That is definately way to hot. I use Dupont Teflon Chain Saver (bought at walmart) to lube the flex shaft and it has worked great for me. There is a good video on the CW maintance page on how to lube the flex shaft.
Rob

ladjr
01-28-2013, 07:17 PM
I have never seen that bad before, but when I have seen it they needed to lube shaft.

guido5286
01-28-2013, 07:18 PM
Yes I lubed it with the stuff CW sells about 3months ago. It just broke my bit oh well. How often should I lube the flex shaft?

guido5286
01-28-2013, 07:43 PM
Maybe if I get the shaft ordered tomorrow I can still get the valentines orders done in time.

Rob Mulgrew
01-28-2013, 08:16 PM
I have just got in the habit of feeling the flex shaft during every project I run after it has been running for awhile and if it feels hot then I lube it. I have 80hrs on my machine and have only had to do it once. When you order your flex shaft, you should order anything else you might need in the near future (bits, etc.) because CW charges a minimum shipping charge of $12.00 no matter what you order until you reach 3lbs in weight.
Rob
Maybe if I get the shaft ordered tomorrow I can still get the valentines orders done in time.

unitedcases
01-28-2013, 08:19 PM
Cut motor brushes, FFC cable at a minimum.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2