PDA

View Full Version : Spikes in Carve...

PCOutlaw
01-28-2013, 07:34 AM
Looking for guidance

I have a black and white image that I have went over and cleaned up. When I import it into Designer, I keep getting spikes in certain areas. I have changed the depth and height of the carve, which hasn’t helped. I need to be able to cut this into Corian; I’m trying it in pine first, to make sure everything cuts and looks right. The main problem is with the ribbon and words on the left and right side along with the top of the crest. I’m thinking the lines are not thick (wide) enough, but if I make them too much wider it kind of distorts the image. I’m trying to do this in an 8 x 10 and a 6 x 9.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

chief2007
01-28-2013, 07:43 AM
Have you tried changing the bit optimization to best and add some draft?

PCOutlaw
01-28-2013, 08:17 AM
Yep.
I tried different feathering, drafts, and bit optimizations.
I even checked the color (black) in a photo app. (to make sure it was all the same shade)

chief2007
01-28-2013, 08:30 AM
Yep.
I tried different feathering, drafts, and bit optimizations.
I even checked the color (black) in a photo app. (to make sure it was all the same shade)

Try these images - I can also send you the pattern.

Set bit optimization to Best
Change your depth and invert it if you need it.

I raised the height in pattern editor and smoothed it.

henry1
01-28-2013, 08:38 AM
Looking for guidance

I have a black and white image that I have went over and cleaned up. When I import it into Designer, I keep getting spikes in certain areas. I have changed the depth and height of the carve, which hasn’t helped. I need to be able to cut this into Corian; I’m trying it in pine first, to make sure everything cuts and looks right. The main problem is with the ribbon and words on the left and right side along with the top of the crest. I’m thinking the lines are not thick (wide) enough, but if I make them too much wider it kind of distorts the image. I’m trying to do this in an 8 x 10 and a 6 x 9.

Thanks,
Bob
would this help

bjbethke
01-28-2013, 09:10 AM
Looking for guidance

Thanks,
Bob

Will this work?

PCOutlaw
01-28-2013, 09:43 AM
I appreciate the quick responses, will try three of the suggestions, will try them on pine first and then try the Corian. Will let you know how they turn out.
Thanks,
Bob

badbert
01-28-2013, 01:59 PM
I appreciate the quick responses, will try three of the suggestions, will try them on pine first and then try the Corian. Will let you know how they turn out.
Thanks,
Bob

The spikes you are referring to, is caused by "Noise" created by Compressing files for the internet. Any photo editing software will have Blur capabilities. Add a little bit of blur, until it smooths out. I use Photoshop. I also have a plugin for it, called "neat image". It does an excellent job of removing noise! It is also available as a standalone product. http://www.neatimage.com/index.html

Capt Bruce
01-28-2013, 09:05 PM
" I use Photoshop. I also have a plugin for it, called "neat image". It does an excellent job of removing noise! It is also available as a standalone product. http://www.neatimage.com/index.html (http://www.neatimage.com/index.html) "

Interesting piece of software Bert. I had not run across this before and will give it a testdrive. Thanks for sharing it.