PDA

View Full Version : Depth adjustment help

dehrlich
01-27-2013, 07:42 PM
Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Looks like I have to re-carve this due to board warpage so I may as well do this right this time. Look at the pattern, you see the 4x6 carve region that is for a photograph. For some reason I cannot get the depth adjusted properly. I need it just deep enough for a photo, not 1/4". I've tried but it doesn't seem to do what I want. If someone wouldn't mind helping me I would appreciate it. By the way I had to take an element out to get the file size down. Thanks!

bjbethke
01-27-2013, 08:44 PM
Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Looks like I have to re-carve this due to board warpage so I may as well do this right this time. Look at the pattern, you see the 4x6 carve region that is for a photograph. For some reason I cannot get the depth adjusted properly. I need it just deep enough for a photo, not 1/4". I've tried but it doesn't seem to do what I want. If someone wouldn't mind helping me I would appreciate it. By the way I had to take an element out to get the file size down. Thanks!

You need to use the Merge function, the large rectangle was set to .250, use add merge - the card depth, add the card thickness and merge, use subtract.

b.sumner47
01-27-2013, 10:22 PM
Is a 1/16 ok ?

Capt Barry

aokweld101
01-28-2013, 01:17 AM
I found this very informative I just learned something new that is two things I've learned today on programing , thank you....

SteveNelson46
01-28-2013, 11:06 AM
Just a suggestion. I did the recess as a "Pocket" with a series of concentric rectangles and a 1/8" cutting bit assigned to a depth of .313. The outside rectangle has a 90 degree V-Bit assigned to simulate the feather.