PDA

View Full Version : Brunswick, GA CarveWright User Group

mtylerfl
01-27-2013, 07:36 PM
Hello,

I recently had the pleasure of meeting with two fellow CarveWright owners at my home/workshop, here in Brunswick, GA. One of them asked me if there was a local CarveWright User Group/Club, and I told him I did not think so.

That was a couple weeks ago and I've been thinking it would be fun to start one here. At the moment, I know of only 4 of us (me, Tom, Lonnie and his wife Connie), so am posting this to see if there are any other CW owners in or near Brunswick, GA who would be interested in attending a CW Users Group held every other month to start (6 times a year). I'll be willing to host this at my own home/workshop if we can find enough CW users nearby!

TECline
01-28-2013, 05:20 AM
I am new to the machine and the group.
This sounds like a great idea and would be fun. Hope to hear from more of you.

henry1
01-28-2013, 05:51 AM
Its to bad we can't have some meeting closer to canada like close to Montreal for a one time

seathis
01-28-2013, 08:09 AM
Hey Michael, if it happens to fall on one of my GA days instead of TX days, I' m interested. Right now, I' m still splitting time between the two though. sounds great to me. Thanks, Lee

badbert
01-28-2013, 02:10 PM
OH WHAT LUCKY DOGS!! The luck of belonging to a group with Mike Tyler! If this works, maybe I can move to Georgia!!:D

rcdages
01-28-2013, 02:11 PM
We might all need to move to Georgia.

Capt Bruce
01-28-2013, 08:37 PM
I'm already in Georgia but might move down there closer to him in Brunswick to be able to learn from our Jedi Master at regular meetings. Hope you'll have a great group there Michael. We're all envious.

LittleRedWoodshop
01-28-2013, 09:15 PM
I'll be there ...

seathis
01-29-2013, 08:39 AM
Uh, Michael...do you have room for lots of people in your shop? I think more than 4 will show up. :-)

TerryT
01-29-2013, 11:00 AM
In the koi world, when we have a show, we pay travel and lodging expenses, etc, for the judges. Maybe Michael could consider traveling to other user group meeting around the country. That would be cool! Whadaya say Michael??

mtylerfl
01-29-2013, 02:09 PM
Howdy! Thanks for the kind words and interest! :D

Hopefully, we'll be able to round up/notify a fair number of nearby users to actually form a CW Club/User Group here. I envision at least a dozen "regulars" so we can maximize the benefit from each other's knowlege, experiences, tips and the variety of projects people can bring to meetings for Show-and-Tell!

Brunswick is located about an hour north of Jacksonville, FL and about an hour south of Savannah, GA (almost smack dab in-between those two cities on I-95). So, users from those areas could conceivably be interested in taking a drive to Brunswick every couple of months. The hard part is alerting users to let them know this is even in the planning stages.

Terry - I'm always open to considering traveling - it is totally fun to meet people with the same interests! I did quite a bit of traveling last year - put me behind a little, though - I averaged 5 days away from home each month. I told my wife I would cut back on the travel this year. We'll see how that plan goes, though!

:p