PDA

View Full Version : Bit assignment help

JuicyCarp
01-27-2013, 05:03 PM
Good evening,

The attached is a pattern that one of our family friends would like to have carved, she is getting married and wants to illustrate the two families coming together like a puzzle. When I laid out the pattern and created the cut down the center, I cannot figure out how to assign the 1/8th cutting bit. The 1/8th straight bit is the closest, but i dont have that bit. Can I use the 1/8th cutting bit? The edges I will cut with a saw, but i dont have a scroll saw or band saw to cut the puzzle.

chief2007
01-27-2013, 05:12 PM
Yes you can

mtylerfl
01-27-2013, 05:16 PM
... I cannot figure out how to assign the 1/8th cutting bit. The 1/8th straight bit is the closest, but i dont have that bit. Can I use the 1/8th cutting bit?

The 1/8" Straight Bit listed in the bit selection window IS the Cutting Bit. So, as Chief already said, Yes, you can use that bit.

(FYI, there is a 1/8" Ballnose Bit listed as a selection as well. That one is NOT the cutting bit...rather, it is for carving or vector cutting a groove with a rounded bottom. Don't use it for cutting though a 3/4"-thick board...don't ask me how I know, or why my 1/8" ballnose now has a nice bluish color to it!)

JuicyCarp
01-27-2013, 05:27 PM
lol, thanks fellas!