PDA

View Full Version : Load bit over, and over, and over!

JuicyCarp
01-27-2013, 09:47 AM
Good morning all,

I was looking forward to getting a lot carved today, but it seems as if my CW has a different plan. I am using a C machine with 48 hours on it, its a bit dusty but i clean it after every carve, so its not too bad. This morning I am getting a pattern loaded up and it keeps asking me to load the 1/16th carvin bit. This is the only bit needed for this carving, and its the same pattern I have carved over a dozen times. I load the bit, the cutting head moves all the way to the left and does its thing with no issues, then moves to the right, touches the plate twice, moves back to the left and the display says "homing", then moves to the center and tells me once again to load the 1/16th carving bit. any advice?

Kevin

Bigtyme
01-27-2013, 09:54 AM
You might want to try another project to see if it does it for that one as well. I think your project may need to be deleted and reloaded onto the card. They sometimes get a little quirky, but if it acts the same with different projects, there may be other issues....

JuicyCarp
01-27-2013, 10:05 AM
Its carving!! I reformatted the card and now its working. Not really sure how that fixes things but im sure glad it did!

jmoriearty
02-09-2013, 07:55 PM
I had the same thing happen to me yesterday. It was a carving requiring a 1/8 cutting bit and a 1/16 carving bit. It kept having me reload the cutting bit over and over. I finally got fed up and ran a different project. Today I deleted the problem project and reloaded it. It ran just fine. I'm thinking maybe a bad flash when the original loaded to the card. Whatever the case, I won't be nearly as flustered next time I run into this.

aokweld101
02-10-2013, 08:51 AM
I had the same thing happpend to me one of the machines I was repairing, and did the repair once, and then I had to tear it appart again and in my hast I forgot to turn the machine off and now for that project it keep repeating its self I havn't tried another project, but I'll try another project and see if that resovles my problem if not I'll attack it differently...called Lhr annd they told me It might the controler so that is why I stopped...

ktjwilliams
02-15-2013, 07:46 AM
Yep just reload the project.. I guess backround activity on ur computer can throw a glitch in... Happened to me once..

radman5506
02-15-2013, 08:52 AM
I have similar problems as related here and also getting clean sensor message on wood that I had just run a measure on. At first I tried the format and reload but it is a hard to walk from the basement as I am recovering from some kind of lung crud so a couple of days ago Instead of walking upstairs I restarted the machine. That worked. I had not been actually powering down the CW after all projects so I think that just like with a desktop computer that gets cantankorous staying on all the time, you just have to restart it.