PDA

View Full Version : Loading bit

bamaman315
01-26-2013, 11:06 AM
I have been trying to do a pattern and when muliple bits are required it keeps asking to load the last bit, It is like it does not know that I have loaded the bit already. any help on this issue?

fwharris
01-26-2013, 12:06 PM
Is the bit plate coming out all of the way so that the bit can come down and touch it? If not you are stuck in the "load bit" sequence...

bamaman315
01-26-2013, 03:58 PM
Yes bit plate is all the way out

bergerud
01-26-2013, 04:27 PM
I think we need more information. To start: what bit? When do you get the message - after touch bit plate, after touch tracking plate, after touch wood? C machine?

Digitalwoodshop
01-26-2013, 04:57 PM
Like posted above you need to tell us what bit and watch the bit go through the actions and watch and see if the bit actually touches the bit plate. IF the Bit MISSES the bit plate because the head did not go far enough over to the bit plate we normally see this error....

Next post answer the following questions.

What version of machine do you have? A, B, or C. It's part of your Serial Number.

What Chuck do you have? QC Quick Change, Rock, or CarveTite?

What bits are called for?

Do you do them in order or did you try to change them on the keypad?

Does Every Bit touch the bit plate?

IF a Cut Out or Cut Path, does the 1/8th inch Cutting Bit go down next to the Right side sliding Guide then the second time actually TOUCH IT... NO TOUCH and you get a message to move the sliding bit plate over....

Let us know,

You can always call me, my phone number is on my web page below or send me a message and I can call you.

I have a Magic Jack and it does not cost to call.

AL:shock:

bamaman315
01-26-2013, 07:46 PM
first bit is the 90 degree bit then when asked to load carving bit that is where I get the relaod message , that is after it has gone through the finding surface. Now I can do the pattern by carving the pattern and the re run the carving with text only with the pattern and it workd fine.

chief2007
01-27-2013, 10:58 AM
Try reformatting the card, reload the project and see if it reoccurs.

bamaman315
01-27-2013, 11:56 AM
tried reformatting card now it keeps telling me to load cutting bit on the coin bank project. I am cutting out the rings for the coin bank.I am at a loss on this one

Capt Bruce
01-27-2013, 01:17 PM
Just a thought on your project. When I'm carving a project part that involves only cutting out something with the 1/8" cutting bit, it still asks for loading the 1/16" cutting bit first and measures that, before asking for the 1/8" Cutting bit. Could that be what you are getting here?

mtylerfl
01-27-2013, 01:38 PM
Just a thought on your project. When I'm carving a project part that involves only cutting out something with the 1/8" cutting bit, it still asks for loading the 1/16" cutting bit first and measures that, before asking for the 1/8" Cutting bit. Could that be what you are getting here?

Hi Bruce,

If you have a project that only uses the 1/8" cutting bit, you should not be receiving a prompt for any other bit. Can you clarify this, please?

bergerud
01-27-2013, 02:26 PM
That is not true. If you ask to jog to position, the machine will ask for the 1/16 carving bit just to jog with even if the project does not use it.

mtylerfl
01-27-2013, 04:13 PM
That is not true. If you ask to jog to position, the machine will ask for the 1/16 carving bit just to jog with even if the project does not use it.

I think most folks ignore that option/prompt, but TRUE - Jog to Position will ask. ;)

bergerud
01-27-2013, 04:45 PM
What I did the other day was use jog with the 1/8 cutting bit (to do side measurements), so I ignored the prompt and the was never given the chance to load the carving bit for the carve. Backwards I know.