PDA

View Full Version : Veggie garden markers

myshop1044
01-25-2013, 02:13 PM
I have been having these ptns for years, my wife seen them and wanted a set.
The nice part, I found some Rot free PVC board at Lowes. 3/4 x 7.25 x 8' 0.
It has a wood grain on one side and smooth on the other, prepainted too.
The board carved very well, very little left in the machine and I was able to blow
it out and very little stuck to the inside machine, no static cling.
check out the machine and the finish products, don't look to hard at the painting.
The board come in different sizes up to 9 1/4" x 3/4 8', 10', 12'.

Perry B.

chebytrk
01-25-2013, 02:27 PM
Looks great Amigo! Might have to check in to that.

Carl H
01-25-2013, 06:10 PM
nice job. Good use of the board too

b.sumner47
01-25-2013, 07:28 PM
Great job ! Please make sure that you have cleaned out super clean, all around the bearings, the rails, and behind the X-Y truck, Where the small belt is located. Thanks for sharing! You may want to bundle up the patterns and sell them through CarveWright"s pattern Libary.

Capt Barry

unitedcases
01-25-2013, 08:14 PM
Perry,

How hard was the clean up of the board itself? I was thinking of making an indoor sign. I would start by painting the pvc board, then carve my font or what have you and then apply a finish just to make everything shine. It would be nice if it came out the machine and all it needed was a good vacuuming.

myshop1044
01-25-2013, 08:27 PM
I have a small compressor tip and I did get behind everthing, y belt area, z belt area too.
I have done 4 other wood carving since and no trace of pvc filings, so far so good. The clean up on the project
was ease, the last picture is after I used a 240 g sanding mop. I did rub a small brass brush in the vector grooves
to clean up some of the text and lines. all in all I am happy with PCV wood so far.

unitedcases
01-25-2013, 09:03 PM
Excellent. Thanks for the response. I think I will give it a go then.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2