PDA

View Full Version : Cut Depth

woodie
01-24-2013, 02:43 PM
I am making a pattern on 1/4" material to be cut using a 3/4" sled. I want to cut the pattern out of the 1/4" material without cutting into my sled. Is there a way to set the depth of the cut tool? I set the Maximum depth of cut, but when I flip the board to the back side it shows that the cut goes all the way through.

RMarkey
01-24-2013, 02:49 PM
Create your project with a board thickness of 1/4".

badbert
01-24-2013, 03:10 PM
Measure the exact thickness. Draw your cut path. But instead of using cut path, assign the 1/8th bit and set your depth just shy of the thickness.

mtylerfl
01-24-2013, 03:47 PM
I am making a pattern on 1/4" material to be cut using a 3/4" sled. I want to cut the pattern out of the 1/4" material without cutting into my sled. Is there a way to set the depth of the cut tool? I set the Maximum depth of cut, but when I flip the board to the back side it shows that the cut goes all the way through.

Learn the "How-To" of using the Cut Path tool when cutting thin material by reading the following Tips & Tricks. It's easy!

http://www.carvewright.com/assets/tips/CarveWrightTips_and_Tricks_Sept08.pdf

woodie
01-27-2013, 09:17 AM
Thanks guys. I should have thought of that. Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most.

Capt Bruce
01-27-2013, 10:26 AM
Thanks guys. I should have thought of that. Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most.

And if you ever find it Woodie, mine will probably be right there beside it so kindly send it back to me. Thanks