PDA

View Full Version : Terry Thompson is doing OK now

easybuilt
01-23-2013, 11:05 PM
I just saw this on FB about Terry T that that his wife Kathy posted about him.
Thank god he will be all right! Our prayers go out to you Terry!

This is what Kathy posted. "I almost lost the love of my life last night. Without the quick thinking and composure of my husband, he might not be here today. Terry had a heart attack last night. He got me up after taking an asprin and we called 911. The EMT's were quick to get here and quick to act. The blockage that caused the heart attack has been fixed and the Dr. thinks Terry will make a complete recovery. Thanks to our loving family and friends for their support and prayers. We do not know what we would do without you all."

lynnfrwd
01-23-2013, 11:19 PM
Oh my goodness!! Prayers to you Terry and your family. So glad you didn't ignore it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fwharris
01-23-2013, 11:33 PM
Tom,

Thanks for sharing this with us. Speedy recovery Terry!!!

SharonB
01-24-2013, 12:09 AM
May you make a speedy recovery Terry. Adding you to my prayer list.

Deolman
01-24-2013, 12:21 AM
Been there, done that. Over ten years now. Terry, you need to know there is life after that experience. Glad to hear you are doing better.

eelamb
01-24-2013, 07:05 AM
Terry prayers to you and Kathy. Glad it has all worked out, and taken care of. Rest up, and recover.

chebytrk
01-24-2013, 07:24 AM
Take care Terry. Rest up & God Bless amigo.

Carl H
01-24-2013, 07:45 AM
Thank you for posting this Tom, Life has a way of stopping us and reminding us what is important. Prayers and positive thoughts from us all!

rcdages
01-24-2013, 08:18 AM
Good to hear that Terry is doing better.

Terry and his family are in my prays.

Smoken D
01-24-2013, 08:32 AM
Fight it all the way Terry! This thing can be beat now-a-days. Decision up to you, fight it and survive! 5 by-passes 10 + years ago and still going;) Smoken D!

henry1
01-24-2013, 09:59 AM
Take care my friend an all the best ,,I want to see you back terry

crfahy
01-24-2013, 11:47 AM
I'm sure glad they got help right away! From what I understand, there are some excellent heart doctors in Spokane.

Wishing you a speedy recovery Terry!

badbert
01-24-2013, 02:35 PM
God Bless!! Glad to hear he will recover!

SteveEJ
01-24-2013, 06:17 PM
Terry, You are a SMART man! I have heart disease and carry Aspirin and Spray Nitro. I have no doubt that your first move, to take aspirin, was the smartest thing you could have done!

Hope you feel better soon!

TerryT
01-24-2013, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the good wishes everyone. Funny thing is I don't smoke, cholesterol was near perfect, I'm not dealing with any other issues, I take no meds, blood pressure is ok and the doc told me two of the three arteries to the heart were in perfect condition. The third had collapsed. I gotta tell ya those doctors were incredible. Within minutes of the call from the admiting doctor, the heart doctor was in my room and his team was setting up in the heartcath lab. A couple were getting me ready as I was being pushed down the hall. They "made me comfortable" and I was in and out hearing and seeing most everything. Computer screens and other monitors passing over my head then replaced by other equipment, people moving quickly from on place to another and then it was all over. 45 minutes, then the doctor said We are done Terry. I thanked him and his crew and was pushed back to my room. They put in a stent to keep the artery open. It seems there is probably no permanent damage and they expect a complete recovery.
and I'm home tonight sittin in my favorite chair and playing on the computor. It was quite a night but it really tired me out!

CNC Carver
01-24-2013, 07:27 PM
Glad Terry is doing well hope your recovery is as speedy as your surgery. Glad you are home relaxing. Take care.
Jeff

liquidguitars
01-24-2013, 08:02 PM
Wow glad you made it! well done...

Dale
01-24-2013, 10:31 PM
Terry, Glad you made it through this and are home and feeling better!

Dale

badbert
01-24-2013, 10:37 PM
Glad you made it home! You got lucky, take it easy for awhile! You deserve it.

fwharris
01-24-2013, 11:01 PM
Terry,

Keep those feet kicked up for a while Terry and let your body catch up to what just happened to you. Good to see you back home.

That sounded like a great medical team to!!!!

easybuilt
01-24-2013, 11:07 PM
So glad to hear your home Terry and you are doing good. What a shock, so now take care of yourself with a little rest.

rcdages
01-25-2013, 07:16 AM
Very very pleased to here you are home.

Pray each day you are getting better and better.

Dodadd1
01-25-2013, 08:21 AM
Terry, I'm happy to hear that your home and doing well. The doctors tell me I have a stint for my aorta in my future.

JoeinWestMich
01-25-2013, 08:29 AM
Very glad that things went so well for you. Now time to let things heal and enjoy the rest while you can.

chief2007
01-25-2013, 08:36 AM
Glad to know that you are going to be alright - hoping you have a speedy recovery and are back to carving in the near future.

Steve

TerryT
01-25-2013, 09:52 AM
Thanks again guys. Bill I'm certainly no expert but I beleive mine was reletively small. I was very lucky. I went out to the shop about 6am this morning to turn on the heat. I have a few orders tht I have to get out. Kathy has all but taken the shop keys away from me, but I think I can talk her into letting go out for 5 or 10 minutes at a time. My shop is behind my house but still a block away, so rather than walk I have to drive around. It is still my best form of relaxing.
So... back to woodworking!!

mtylerfl
01-25-2013, 10:16 AM
Hi Terry,

I'm coming in late on this (dang AT&T internet service put me offline for two days!! and I'm still playing catch-up).

I read the entire thread after Robert D. emailed me this morning letting me know about your heart attack. Glad to know you are now ok, and back in the shop!

b.sumner47
01-25-2013, 01:05 PM
So ,Happy, that your back !

Capt Barry