PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Head Broken Roller

Crewdawg707
02-04-2007, 03:18 PM
Just wanted to post this out for all. Not any ones fault but this is also a 246 Error.....lol Dont ask what happend, I can't tell you. Doing a simple project, just a set of military stripes, and got this error. Checked the machine and the pic's show the whole story. Have an email off to Carvewright, and with as good of service I have had with them, I should be back in business before you know it.
:o

Crewdawg707
03-16-2007, 07:39 PM
Ok, so now it’s fixed. After some great support from the Guy's and Gal's at CarveWright (Erik), they were able to fix my machine, test it and get it back. I cannot say enough about their support and customer service. If all companies stood behind their product and gave the support that they give, everyone would be happy all the time. They deserve the Gold Medal in customer support. I thank each and every one of them. Now it's time to get back in the game and make some sawdust.

rgant05
03-16-2007, 09:14 PM
Did you have to send the whole machine in or just the z-axis truck? Yuk, that must have been a sinking feeling when you looked in a saw that. Just looks like a defective casting that failed. How many hours did you have on the machine?

Crewdawg707
03-17-2007, 08:34 AM
Yes, the whole machine went back. They wanted to make sure that it didn't have any other issues. Only had about 10 hrs on the machine and it was a sinking feeling when I saw the broken roller. But the good people at CarveWright took care of me and now I am back in business. The weekend is here and its time to play.

liquidguitars
03-17-2007, 08:30 PM
And I thought my chuck was hard to get the bit out :)
hope you get running soon..

Ilonaco
07-31-2007, 06:10 PM
I had my machine a week. A couple of the bit holders had "nicks" in them when they arrived. It looks like the 1/16th carving bit drove straight down and when the head moved it snapped off the up/down carriage roller.

The support people were helpful, but it has to go back for repair. I made some nice carvings before it broke. It's a great machine.

Kenm810
07-31-2007, 06:18 PM
Sorry to hear of your misfortune with the machine,
but you can be sure LHR will have you back up and carving in no time.
The turn around on machine repairs has been great lately.
Anyway welcome to the forum, and please keep us up to date on your progress. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_razz.gif

If you happen to run across any question, just ask -- we have loads of folks with answers.

jspringertx
07-31-2007, 06:22 PM
I can vouch for the excellent service from the group at Carvewright. I am fortunate that I am just 30 miles from their repair facility so I didn't save my box.

Their turnaround time has improved drastically and they really care about the customers. It is rare to find a company that cares as much as they do.