PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some parts to fix up my beta machine

r1dd1ck913
01-23-2013, 06:08 PM
OK so I am in need of some parts for my CW machine. Right now all I need to get it back up and running is a flexshaft. I also need the muffler that sticks out the back. I could also use the clear plastic spindle cover. I am also thinking about trying to locate a newer set of electronics and a newer spindle motor.

So if any one has one for sale please let me know. Thanks Chris

edzbaker
01-24-2013, 10:11 AM
Are any of the parts for the "BETA" machine the same as the "A" machines ?? Does anyone know.........
thanks..

I have a complete "Top Cover" for an "A", and an extra clear door.

r1dd1ck913
01-24-2013, 11:19 AM
I have been talking to the phone with CW for the last few days. From what they can tell me so far every thing is still the same on machine except for the electronics. They have told me they have no replacement electronic parts for a beta machine witch is why I want to start finding some new ones. One other thing they have told me is that the flex shaft form the new machines will work with a beta machine but it is a bit more work to change it out on the beta. The beta machine I will have to completely take apart the spindle motor. If I had a newer machine the flex shaft has a twist lock on it where it can be removed with out taking the machine apart. Any ways how much would you want for your parts. Thanks

badbert
01-24-2013, 02:41 PM
You don't have to take it completely apart. Starting from right to left. Remove the two screws from the right (Flexshaft) end. Back the middle two out halfway. Loosen the two remaining screws and you should be able to open it up, just enough to remove or change the Flexshaft.

r1dd1ck913
01-28-2013, 03:03 PM
Well I ordered a new flex shaft from CW. Mine only had 60 hours on it and it burned up. O well. I guess I will just see what happens when it get here.

henry1
01-28-2013, 03:23 PM
wow use the right lub for the flex shaft I still have mine for 3 years now

r1dd1ck913
01-31-2013, 09:02 AM
Wow man chill out a bit. The machine was given to me broken. But I had it up and running the next day. It was only my second carving when the flex shaft broke. The machine had 55 hours on it when I got it and the shaft gave out at 57 hours 3/4 of the way thought a carving.

henry1
02-01-2013, 08:29 PM
Wow man chill out a bit. The machine was given to me broken. But I had it up and running the next day. It was only my second carving when the flex shaft broke. The machine had 55 hours on it when I got it and the shaft gave out at 57 hours 3/4 of the way thought a carving.
No offence intented we are all here to help