PDA

View Full Version : Pattern Clean Up

JuicyCarp
01-22-2013, 08:52 PM
Good evening Gents.

This weekend I am going to try building my frist project from the ground up, a wine glass rack for my wife. I made this wine bottle pattern from a google image, then added my own images and text to create a label of sorts. The edge of the bottle is a bit rough, and I am not exactly sure how to clean up the edges. I have two patterns that are similar, if someone wouldnt mind sharing how to clean them up that would be amazing!

Kevin

fwharris
01-22-2013, 10:30 PM
It looks like your bottle image has some rough edges. Not knowing what software you have for image editing but I think most are similar. You try either try redrawing the edges or even try a Gaussian blur to smooth out the edges. If you have the pattern editor you can do the same thing with it..

badbert
01-22-2013, 11:25 PM
Also when you import the pattern click the down arrow a few times. It trims the edges.

JuicyCarp
01-23-2013, 06:30 AM
Thanks gentlemen,

Other than pattern editor I do not have any image editing software, however that is something I have been exploring. I have really been looking into CorelDraw, and ArtCam, unless anyone has any better ideas!

lawrence
01-23-2013, 07:46 AM
There's a HUGE price diff between coreldraw and artcam (about $8000 difference!) - just a heads up :)

The pattern editor is a really powerful software, it can really do a lot, but
don't forget about the free software out there that is very good such as paint.net and inkscape.

For your pattern though, I think this is an excellent example of where the new 2d vector tools would solve the problem very quickly and cleanly - just trace the edges

Lawrence