PDA

View Full Version : Z axis, board sensor error

nodwell
02-04-2007, 11:48 AM
Loaded board and selected project, started program.

When head started moving in y-axis it sounded rough - then got a z-axis error. I turned off unit and recleaned everything.
Restarted and recieved "Load board" message. Cleaned sensor head with no improvement.

Tried "Troubleshooting board sensor" in manual and found I can not get a reading above 19 and can't get that high consistently (mostly get in 1-3 range).

Anything else I can try before calling CarveWright?

Thanks
Don

pkunk
02-04-2007, 11:54 AM
2 things. Most important is the board must be flat, straight, and parallel sides. 1/16" variance will cause it to bind and a warp of same will causr the board sensor to not read the board.

nodwell
02-04-2007, 12:16 PM
Board is flat and square. Even put another in.

Checked troubleshooting sticky and found error message and it says to " clean roller sensor".

Where is this sensor?

Don

nodwell
02-04-2007, 03:36 PM
Problem seems to be fixed. I riased top and spun the compression rollers several times, they felt a little tight at first. Reloaded wood and pattern and started up fine.

pkunk
02-04-2007, 05:07 PM
Board is flat and square. Even put another in.

Checked troubleshooting sticky and found error message and it says to " clean roller sensor".

Where is this sensor?

Don
Glad it's working. I don't know. The board sensor rolls. I haven't seen any sensor on the compression rollers but they must have some. I've had mine disassembled and can't recall any. :?