PDA

View Full Version : new machine

woodchip
01-19-2013, 02:03 PM
Well, I all excited because I'm setting the new machine in place.....however... it keeps saying load board. I went through the trouble shooting guide all is good, head pressure is 80, board is flat, under both rollers and they appear to be working fine. once again I'm lost, any suggestions?
Don

chief2007
01-19-2013, 02:10 PM
How thick is your board ad what type of wood?

Minimum board thickness of an 1/2 inch, unless you have it on a sled that makes it at less a half inch thick or more.

Bigtyme
01-19-2013, 02:12 PM
I might suggest deleting the project that you were going to carve from the card and re load it. If you don't have a lot on the card, you may want to re-format the card and re-load your project. The message you reference suggests to me a software issue, not a machine issue. I am sure others will weigh in as well and may have other suggestions.... I hope you get it working soon and turn out the first carve....it feels very good to do so....

woodchip
01-19-2013, 02:25 PM
chief, the wood is .75, I'll try the new pattern and get back.... I'm also trying to get my old machine on had a power supply bad, put the new one on today also.... no luck even doing the trouble shooting.... JUST A BAD DAY , but it willget better
Don

bergerud
01-19-2013, 02:39 PM
When you crank down the board listen for the roller switch clicks. You should hear them both click long before the 80lb. Next do a sensor check (0-7). The display will show the roller states.

chief2007
01-19-2013, 02:42 PM
Run a sensor check to make sure the compression roller are working correctly. Roller might appear to be working - but run the sensor check to make sure they are.

Also make sure you board is not warped or cup.

woodchip
01-19-2013, 02:50 PM
THANKS CHIEF, I'm on it.

woodchip
01-19-2013, 03:04 PM
Chief, I wasn't able to hear a click(to mant aircraft in my ears in the old days)...the sensors said both compressed, and the board sensor said 0.
by the way, do you know if a new pwr supply and controller would require a new unlock code or the same old one( this is on my old machine?

chief2007
01-19-2013, 04:05 PM
The controller should use the same unlock code as before, that is if it the old machine had an unlock code.

Digitalwoodshop
01-19-2013, 05:24 PM
The gold standard for the Board Sensor is to place a sheet of white copy paper on the board and crank the head down and move the head over the paper. The reading should be about 156. Later if the window gets dirty it can be 90. Good to see what new looks like...

Also check the Rollers compressed then crank the head up and see both go un compressed or released. The machine will use the released signal when measuring the board to tell the board detector that the end of the board is coming up and to get ready....

Good Luck,

AL