PDA

View Full Version : Power flux with Y axis stall error

B.K. Dalton
01-18-2013, 09:34 PM
All-

I been doing a lot of reading on the forum, but I still wanted to put this out there for some input.

CW started "pausing" and indicated a power flux on the display screen. I pressed enter and it continue carving. However, after the second time it paused power flux indication, and I pressed enter to continue, I got a Y axis stall.

I changed out the small bearings for the Y and Z motors roughly 100 hours ago. No issues since then....CW has been running like a champ until now.

I have not yet began a detail inspection yet.....just wanted to get some ideas before hand!

unitedcases
01-18-2013, 10:10 PM
Not good my friend. I wish I had some ideas.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

badbert
01-18-2013, 11:29 PM
I received that error when the brushes went bad in my cut motor. Did the cut motor quit working? What is the machine doing now? Can you perform user tests? Possible bad power supply. What model machine and how many hours?

chief2007
01-19-2013, 07:54 AM
Betting man would say - power supply.

I would also check to see if you do not have to much draw on the circuit for your machine. If you get to much of a power draw on the electrical circuit if can cause a power flux.

Digitalwoodshop
01-19-2013, 11:17 AM
More info about your machine would help. The Early machines had the L2 Coil problem where it snaps one side and since it is in line like a fuse stops the machine. See the old posts about it.

AL

B.K. Dalton
01-20-2013, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the input gents.....! I'm going to break the machine down tomorrow and do a through inspection. I'll get back with my findings.

Thanks again!!

B.K. Dalton
01-21-2013, 06:58 PM
update.....the cut motor brushes were worn pretty badly. Pick-up a set from UnitedCases (thanks bro).

Installed the new brushes and ran through the user test.....no issues! Did a 30 min test carve with no error codes. Had some sparking after installing the new brushes.

I think I'm going to re-baseline my 250 hr maintenance cycle to get everything back on track.

As of right now CW seems to be running fine!

Thanks for the input gents......

unitedcases
01-21-2013, 09:06 PM
That is good news my friend. Carve on carveninja!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

henry1
01-21-2013, 09:38 PM
Glad you got it going keep carving

Digitalwoodshop
01-22-2013, 03:43 PM
Good Job,

The Extra Sparking is until the Brushes seat or round over.

AL

badbert
01-22-2013, 05:05 PM
Good Job,

The Extra Sparking is until the Brushes seat or round over.

AL

But most of the sparking should go away after an hour or so?