PDA

View Full Version : My web site is up!!!

cestout
01-16-2013, 04:07 PM
Thanks to all the advice and help. I used Pagebreeze because I understood what it was doing. It is as close to HTML programing as you can get without the drudgery. With the drag and drops I don't feel in control. I am using Fat Cow, as suggested here as host. I have not yet addressed the search engines, so a search will only find me in the pattern store here, and Linkedin. But I am at http://www.clintscustomcarving.com/ If anyone wants to link to me or for me to link to them, let me know. You can even try the Contact page and send me an email.
Clint

chief2007
01-16-2013, 04:15 PM
Your site looks great Clint - Good job, easy to move around on, and I like the links to the pattern store, etc.

Hope it brings you more business

pgrinde
01-16-2013, 05:03 PM
Very nicely done. Your work is an inspiration to those of us that are just starting

Paul G
Antigo wi

eelamb
01-16-2013, 05:41 PM
Nice work and nice site Clint.

SharonB
01-16-2013, 06:36 PM
Clint... I'm really impressed with what you have done putting your site together. Hope it brings you lots of business.

lawrence
01-16-2013, 06:49 PM
nice site- I like the navigation and it is easy to use

Gotta put a link in your sig block though!
Lawrence

easybuilt
01-16-2013, 08:13 PM
Very nice site and beautiful carvings too! Great job!

lynchburgbull
01-16-2013, 09:15 PM
The site looks good Clint. Good Luck with it.

TerryT
01-16-2013, 09:47 PM
Impressive work Clint. Good luck with the new site.

JoeinWestMich
01-16-2013, 10:35 PM
Very nice job on the website plus a thumbs up on the beautiful woodwork you are doing. One suggestion although I don't know how difficult this would be. As I am getting up in years and my eyesight needs assistance now, it would be nice to click on your pictures and have them enlarge. Folks could get a better impression of the impressive work you do!!

cestout
01-17-2013, 01:08 AM
Thanks everyone. I thought simpler rather than fancy would be best. Lawrence, a link to where? With Pagebreeze it is easy to do. About enlarging the pictures - I thought about that, but I am new to this stuff. I could do it with some kind of "mouse over" thing or just link to a page with just that picture, but my objective was to get it up. I will work on improvements over time. For now I have to get on the search engines, get a couple more urns for urgent orders (if I get any ) and replace the 3 urns I sold on consignment at a local mortuary.
Anyway thanks for your critiques, and again I am open to cross linking to your site - a win/win.
Clint

dehrlich
01-17-2013, 05:30 AM
Good looking website! I know it's a pain to do these and a pain to keep them up. As for the photos, if you want to make it so ppl can see a bigger version... I don't know about your program but on the one I use you can right click the photo and choose "add thumbnail". That lets you have like the one you already have on the page but they can click it and a full size version will open. Just an idea. Keep up the good work!

happy
01-17-2013, 08:25 AM
Carvings and website look great people are sure to give you a call

Bigtyme
01-17-2013, 08:45 AM
Nice job with your new site, Clint. Easy to follow and great work examples. Should be a plus for sure....

jpaluck
01-17-2013, 12:15 PM
Nice looking site Clint. For the "light box" effect on photos try this http://fancybox.net/

Digitalwoodshop
01-17-2013, 01:58 PM
Very Nice Site, Loads QUICK... Looks GREAT !!!!

Good Job,

Best of Luck,

AL

Cribbage boards.... That would be a nice addition...

cestout
01-22-2013, 05:22 PM
Al, I haven't done any cribbage boards, if requested I would have to come her and ask how to do it. John, that fancybox looks interesting. I copied the script from the website to study. I have to get back to carving - been neglecting it to do the site, but I can fancy it up as I go. That is why I haven't been here much lately. My PageBreeze program gives me easy access to the actual HTML coding.
Thanks
Clint

b.sumner47
01-22-2013, 07:27 PM
Clint, Took a look, very nice.

Capt Barry

dehrlich
01-22-2013, 08:52 PM
Do you guys really sell that many cribbage boards? I know nothing about the game but I have seen lots of patterns. Trying to get geared up for the craft show season, 300 BF of lumber coming in tomorrow to carve and build with.

henry1
01-22-2013, 09:26 PM
Nice site and a fancy box

rcdages
01-23-2013, 10:21 AM
Very nice web site Clint.

Good luck with eveything.