PDA

View Full Version : Possible software bug causing Z axis Stall

bsy01
02-03-2007, 10:18 PM
When ever I run this file the 1/16 carving bit does its thing then after the bit change to the 1/8 cutting I get a Z axis stall. Can someone verify that it is the file and not my machine.

BobHill
02-04-2007, 08:47 AM
I note that your work piece is set for 3/4" and you have the outside path to "Cut Path". Is this where the stall takes place? The inside Region is set to .250 (normal) and the raster text is set for .125 set to 100 (I'd probably put that to 50) and that shouldn't be a problem. So if you are getting a stall, either it's trying to cut too deep instead of set increments of depth (set by the machine) or your wood is beyond perhaps the maximul cutting depth limit, perhaps. How do your sensors measure up? I'd give the CW people a call for this one. It appears to be hardware, not software design as a problem.

Bob

bsy01
02-05-2007, 02:14 AM
The stall happens after the 1/16 carving bit has completed the inside region. The machine prompts for the 1/8 cutting bit. I change the bit hit enter. The machine does it's calibrations with the new bit hits the little arm that comes out does something else on the left and then proceeds to the middle of the project and crashes into the center of the work piece. I have run the same file twice with the same result. I have run several files since that also have a cut out on the perimeter and the machine functions fine. I have redrawn the file exactly the same and it cuts out fine.

Since this happed the first time I have created another file that does the same thing. Ran it twice with the crash on the 1/8 inch cutout. I redrew the file and it works fine.

I don't understand what you mean by "How do your sensors measure up?"
The only other issue I have been having is that the machine has trouble finding the board edge unless I press down while cranking down the rollers.

The wood piece I am using is 3/4 of an inch.

I don't understand how changing the raster text setting will affect the cut out process since the carving of the raster text completes without issue.

BobHill
02-05-2007, 08:55 AM
Changing the depth would have nothing to do with your problem, it was just a "I'd have" comment to your MPC project. Have you taken a square to your wood to see that the surface isn't warped? When you turn on your machine and get the menu, press 0, then 7 and then the up arrow through the options.

Bob

bsy01
02-06-2007, 09:30 PM
I checked the board with a stait edge and it is fine. Have you got a chance to run my file on your machine yet?

BobHill
02-07-2007, 09:09 AM
No, I haven't put the file into the machine yet, but I did modify it a little, only to not waste wood and make it match my numbers. I also did the 50 height (for my tastes) and made the wood 1/2" instead of 3/4" (so I could use some extra pine I have ... and not use the 3/4" oak I also have). Othere than that the design didn't change (attached).

Bob