PDA

View Full Version : Centerline bit issue

Carl H
01-14-2013, 08:46 PM
I did a search for this problem and couldnt find it. Maybe I didnt search correctly.

The issue is after my carve when it is time for centerline the CW says wrong bit depth.
It doesnt matter which option I take I get air carving.

I am not sure if it is when I have conforming vectors or just the centerline.
I can work around by reloading with the raster carving hidden but it seems kinda pointless.
Any ideas what it could be? or threads I can look at?

Digitalwoodshop
01-14-2013, 09:00 PM
You mentioned Conforming Vectors.... This option when selected lets you place Centerline Text in a Carved Region. IF you cut a carve region and have text placed over it, then without conforming vectors the bit will air carve.... OR you can do a second project to just to the centerline text in a carve region with a jog to position and have the bit use the carve region depth....

OK... Now Machine Problems.... This is where when you change bits it is ALWAYS important for you to WATCH the bit touch the bit plate. Since the V60 and V90 bit are shorter, sometimes your rails get DIRTY between the bearings of the Z and when the head goes down to touch the bit plate the SPEED BUMP of the Dirty Rail or Dirt in the belt cogs can cause a increase in CURRENT as IF the bit touched the bit plate. So if the bit NEVER touched the bit plate then you get a AIR CARVE....

Normally the machine monitors the Z Motor Current and when the bit touches the bit plate the increase in current causes the computer to reverse. This marks the tip of the bit. IF the motor finds a Speed Bump before touching the bit plate then it marks the WRONG bit length.

Good Luck,

AL

fwharris
01-14-2013, 09:11 PM
What Al said plus make sure you have checked the "conform" box to apply conforming vectors.