PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance Day for my CW

Bigtyme
01-13-2013, 05:30 PM
I put my CW through the ringer toward the end of the year carving gifts and commissions, so I felt it was time to do another thorough maintenance. She has a 150 hours on her, so I decided to re-do the 100 hour listing. The videos on the CW site were awesome!! It certainly is much easier to watch and absorb than read and remember. I also used the time to remove the carved dust collector I have been using for quite awhile and install one of Floyds. I received it a few weeks ago, but just didn't have time to install it until today. I also replaced the clear head cover (that was cut to fit the carved collector) and cut it to fit the collector from Ring Neck Blues.

The collector I had on my CW worked really well, but I think Floyd's "really sucks" better and will turn the normal half cup of dust to a shot glass full. As I was doing the maintenance items, I noted the CW was barely dirty and credit goes to the DC. I haven't had a single issue with my CW other than a new flex shaft (which was my fault more than anything) and I really think the DC is the trick. I guess I will keep an eye on everything and get geared up for the big one at 250 hours. With the great videos on the CW site, I have nothing but confidence it will be a good day. Now, time to carve the January POM Mantle Clock....it looks like it will be a super project.

fwharris
01-13-2013, 06:52 PM
John,

Thanks for the SUCKY comments!!! Yes having a dust collection system does pay dividends for the machine and you. Just think how much time you would have lost in clean up trying to get all of your Christmas gifts completed.