PDA

View Full Version : Returned machine today.Gona miss it.

pontiak
02-03-2007, 08:14 PM
Well after 3 more hours to get it running. I made a WELCOME FRIENDS sign.Half way into the project. Machine cut through board.I turned it off.Rebooted the card. Tried it again .It just cuts throught the boards. As seen in picture. This is one cool machine.But for a machine I had for 3 weeks now. I've spent the last two weeks fixing problem after problem.If it this bad when it is new. Whats it gona be like a year from now? I spent over $100 dollars on wood.Only got 8 good projects out of it. Thanks to all who helped me. But it's time to take it back.

Ron Smith
02-03-2007, 09:09 PM
If you call CarveWright, the staff will usually be able to walk you through fixes for most issues you run into. This could be a loose Z-Axis ribbon or something else very minor. I've had mine for a year now and patiently went through the same process. If you give up after this one problem, I don't think you're going to miss the machine too bad. I've read where some people expect the machine to be perfect right out of the box, and to some extent, I expected it to, but when a problem does occur, I was willing to fix it, not give up on it. To each his own, I suppose, but I really enjoy mine and am glad I stayed with it.

pontiak
02-03-2007, 09:48 PM
I hear you Ron.The CW staff has been very helpful They are a great bunch of people. This is only one of MANY problems I had with it. I will buy again. Just not this lot. I'll wait for a new version.

The Bard
02-04-2007, 12:27 AM
He'll be back

They ALWAYS come back. :twisted:

pontiak
02-04-2007, 04:56 PM
Your right BARD.I'll be back.When your product lives up to the CRAFTSMAN name.Which stands for a reliable well built machine. Not one that has problems right out of the box.You can't expect people to shell out $1800 dollars. And fix problem after problem on a new machine.Make the fixes.Smack the assemblers around.Get this machine where is should be. And I'll buy one again.Mike Sim. Westville New Jersey.

The Bard
02-04-2007, 07:56 PM
ah, recognize that name.

Strangely I hear bad things about the Craftsman name from customers all the time, but I guess to each their own.

Sorry to see you go, and hopefully we'll have a machine you'll be proud to own soon. Kewl notice on the ALL CAPS ON MY NAME too, *beams*

I mentioned once to round up all the disgruntled owners and ship them to the manufacturer to "discuss" the machines with them. However, we soon realized we'd lose too many workers in the process LOL.

HandTurnedMaple
02-04-2007, 09:51 PM
HEY FREE TRIPS TO PYONGYANG FOR ALL NON-BETA USERS!!!

revved_up
02-05-2007, 12:05 AM
Funny my machine says made in China Pyongyang would be in Korea.

menewfy
02-05-2007, 07:41 AM
i was impressed if it was spelled right. i would have gave it too him.

HandTurnedMaple
02-05-2007, 09:56 AM
Funny my machine says made in China Pyongyang would be in Korea.

I know, but Pyongyang is much more fun to say. Besides China farms half their work to Korea and Vietnam anyway.