PDA

View Full Version : Three new Items that I have been playing with

myshop1044
01-06-2013, 03:41 PM
I was ask at the local lumber yard if I could make a sample Corbel. Ding! went off in my head.
I remembered that old MT had a Tips and Tricks Feb 2008 on just that subject.
I looked it up and read up on it and gave it a try from the stock project that had been
given. As usual MT's project was perfect, but I added a little more of my own.
I fliped to the back of the project and place 2 dados to accecpt the picture hangers.
This made it a 2 sided carving, but it came out very good.
I will use the Tips and Tricks to design my own, Thanks a lot Michael.

I have also been playing with roux spoons, a lot of people make them around here
but not with flare that can be maded by a CW. machine. I used and inverted puffing with the tilt tool
to give the spoon something other that flat surface.

I also made some what we call oven helpers, again they make them around here flat and rather dull.
With a pattern you can have some fun. Take a look.

Perry B.

Canemaker
01-06-2013, 03:54 PM
Always coming up with something usefull yet practical. These should be a huge seller down yonder way in the
Deep South of the great State of Louisiana. Congradulations on a job well done, again. I see many uses for the
corbel in hanging pictures, lithos, making a shelf, fireplace mantle, etc. Great use of the CW and its many uses. John

unitedcases
01-06-2013, 03:54 PM
Sharp, Just sharp. I love the creativity.

fwharris
01-06-2013, 03:55 PM
Perry,

Great job with your designs. Nice concept on the oven helpers. It can me modified to be any shape..

b.sumner47
01-06-2013, 03:56 PM
Real nice addition to the corbel. I like the fish even better. Thanks for sharing.

Capt Barry

myshop1044
01-06-2013, 04:45 PM
On the fish oven helpers, I had a bass ptn, I streched it the correct length, traced the outline of the fish,
cliped off a couple fins that would get in the way of your hand and added a better hook around the bottom fin,
and opend up the mouth a bit more on the cutpath. I can't put out a MPC because of the purchased ptn. It should
work with any fish. Oh! , by the way every cajun knows what a "roux spoon "is.
Perry B.

SteveJ
01-06-2013, 06:13 PM
Those are great ideas and well done!