PDA

View Full Version : still having problems

aokweld101
01-05-2013, 10:08 PM
I bought a recondition board censor from carvewight I put it in and did a board censor check and its reading 239, it is'nt that hard to install two screws and reinstall the plug outlet and it tells me to clear board censor when I hav'nt even done a project yet could it be bad or is there something else I can do, I taped the board with masking tape and even changed to a different colored wood and still it's wanting to clear board censor. I'm scratching my head and am lost on what to do..

badbert
01-05-2013, 11:49 PM
While doing the sensor check, wiggle, squeeze, and move the 14pin ribbon cable.

Digitalwoodshop
01-06-2013, 11:50 AM
badbert is on the correct track... The board sensor data goes through the 14 pin FSC Cable. So is the board sensor wires in that FSC Cable are fractured and touching part of the time then that can be the problem. What I recommend to do is to place a board in the machine and crank it down. Place the head over the board and a sheet of white copy paper on the board. A reading of 239 does not sound right but since I have a "A" machine things may have changed that I don't know about.... Normally the max reading on the board sensor is 156 if I remember correct.... Could be a case of CRS... Can't Remember Stuff.... So with the White paper that takes out any board color problems and the paper is standard as in my 156 is the same as your 156...

Then once you get the 156 then you gently move the FSC Cable while watching the LCD. If the numbers go nuts then you have a bad cable...

I always recommend buying the 4 wire cable that attach the board sensor to the top circuit board. This lets you test a sensor as 2 times in the past, on 2 of my 4 machines, the wires for the board sensor have pinched. This caused bad readings and if the power to the board sensor wire is pinched, this will cause the close cover error as it takes out the 5 volt supply for the sensors.

The wire get pinched sliding down the side of the Truck between the plastic guide and sharp metal edge.

AL