PDA

View Full Version : cutpath setting data

myshop1044
01-03-2013, 10:34 AM
This has come before and now I'm going to ask what I don't know. If you click on a existing cutpath
can you see the settings without turning it off, then on again? if so how do you see the settings.

While I'm here asking when you use "extrude" and the green line comes up around the rect., is the distance
btwn the white and the green a fixed distance or can you select a difference distance. From what I have seen it appears to be 1".

any help would be great.
Perry B.

SteveNelson46
01-03-2013, 11:00 AM
Myshop1044

To edit or see the settings on a cutpath, select it and then select "Edit Cut Out" from the tools menu.

Extrude:
The red line is the left edge of the object, the yellow line is the center, and the green line is the right edge. For instance, if you draw a rectangle on your project and extrude it, the left edge of the rectangle is red, the center is the yellow line and the right edge is green.

mtylerfl
01-03-2013, 12:13 PM
There is a "Scissors" icon that you can click to edit an existing Cut Path, as well.

badbert
01-03-2013, 12:41 PM
58510 This Button. ;)

myshop1044
01-03-2013, 01:20 PM
Thanks for the info on cutpath, found the button it right infront of my eyes all the time.
I was using sweep, rounded corners that what I was having trouble with not extrude. What is the reason for the green
around the rect aand what does it do for you?

SteveNelson46
01-03-2013, 07:03 PM
Sweep:

The green line is the maximum area that the sweep can be applied to. Try this: Place a rectangle on the screen and select it. Then, select "Sweep Rounded". In the top portion of the screen note the rounded corners of the outside green rectangle. Hence the "Sweep Rounded" You may have to zoom out to see the whole green rectangle. Cancel the sweep then select "Sweep Corner" and do the same as before. Note the square corners on the green rectangle. The size of the green rectangle is proportional to the height of the object you have selected and will be maintained around the perimeter. The white line is the object you have selected and the red line is the center of the object.